Who do you think deserves some recognition?

Iwar

Absolutely Brian. Her artistic ability and dedication to the craft of tattooing is undeniable. She is clearly pursuing her own path that is not making concessions to trends and popularism, and is carving her own way through her profession. I have a huge amount of respect for her work and her uncompromising attitude to the field. Obviously not everyone working with modern styles of non-traditional tattooing are the same, and it would be narrow-minded and ignorant to lump them all together. I think Berit is a great example and even if you don't like her work, her approach and dedication is worthy of respect.

I m very happy to work with Yorg Powell.He s tattooing for more than 15 years most of the time in Athens/Greece.For me this guy is like a guide in tattooing and in many things in life and happily we work together at the shop i ve just opened in athens and called Honest Tattoo.A lot of people knows his work but i would like to share with you also because i think it s very interesting.You can see more at yorgtat.com or honesttattoo.com.

Just wanted to give a shout out to some dudes still cranking out traditional tattoos that look like the ones you woulda got back then.

I know most of the american tattooers here know these guys but I feel like the general tattoo crowd might not..

Timmy Tatts

37489_1344155088772_1378094955_30900107_7858464_n.jpg

n1378094955_30223585_1041456.jpg

He also did the tattoo in my profile photo

Krooked Ken

n1102125919_30261054_209.jpg

199311_1002762424970_1102125919_30012572_2909_n.jpg

Also both super nice dudes.

Just wanted to give a shout out to some dudes still cranking out traditional tattoos that look like the ones you woulda got back then.

I know most of the american tattooers here know these guys but I feel like the general tattoo crowd might not..

Timmy Tatts

37489_1344155088772_1378094955_30900107_7858464_n.jpg

n1378094955_30223585_1041456.jpg

He also did the tattoo in my profile photo

Krooked Ken

n1102125919_30261054_209.jpg

199311_1002762424970_1102125919_30012572_2909_n.jpg

Also both super nice dudes.

Those dudes are great! Been on my list for a while now.

Those dudes are great! Been on my list for a while now.

It was a real treat to get tattooed by Tim and listen to him talk about tattoo history. I met Ken in Rochester and he was one of the only tattooers I saw who was actually walking around really looking at other people's portfolios and talking to people about their work. I will hopefully be able to get tattooed by him next time I run into him.

in no particular order:Chriss dettmer(The black hole Hamburg),Jonas Uggli(göteborg classic Tattoo),Tim Pausinger(most precious ink coburg),Iain mullen(Stockholm classic tattoo),Roberto Seifert(xxx tattoo lucerne)

I am so happy you mentioned Tim Pausinger in amongst the other incredible artists. i think his work is amazing, i was staring at the screen so long and so intently i might have had a mini stroke! I know at least once a year he comes to Toronto and he does a week at Lizzies Shop. i look forward to the next time hes in town because i would love a tattoo from him.

I've been really impressed with Ryan Mason out of Scapegoat Tattoo in Portland, OR's work. I see his stuff online on blogs and stumbleuponing quite a bit but a quick search shows me that only one other person has mentioned him in the forums. I really dig his style and I'm working on planning a trip out west to get some work done.

I keep coming to this thread, writing a post, then... I end up not posting it, and maybe that's a good thing, because sometime shit happens when it happens, and it's good that way... So. . .

I feel like a ping pong ball sometimes all the running around we do, and I know if there is anything I constantly get surprised by, it's the new tattooers I meet, and the level of skill, maturity, humility, and manners in them that makes me admire them, and really get into their "vibe"... And the lesser knowns, that fucking rule this craft, and keep it on a level that I will never get tired of being involved with and around... The new and unknowns keep the blood pumping and the fresh ideas circulating, maybe not inventively, but in a design or fashion trend way...

Keet D'arms.. ATL, GA

Caleb Barnard, Dru Bias, Casey Corklic, Will Card... Dallas, TX

Brian Thurow... Denver, CO

Steve Serazio... SPOTLIGHT

Sal Trevino... TRUE

Doug Love... Santa Cruz,CA

Uzi... Sacramento, CA

It's usually the squeaky wheel always getting the lube in a shop, but these dudes are the wheels that just keep rolling, no matter how hard things get... And they all take this stuff seriously, but manage to keep it fun at the same time. My heros of the moment.

I've been really impressed with Ryan Mason out of Scapegoat Tattoo in Portland, OR's work. I see his stuff online on blogs and stumbleuponing quite a bit but a quick search shows me that only one other person has mentioned him in the forums. I really dig his style and I'm working on planning a trip out west to get some work done.

That dude does real nice work.I remember seeing his stuff when he was only tattooing a few years,and it was good.You know he started out in NH,and he does travel to the east coast to do conventions and guest spots.There's a lot of talented tattooers in Portland.I got tattooed by Jerry Ware@ Atlas Tattoo :: Portland, Oregon They have some real good tattooers there too.What are you thinking of getting from Ryan?

i think about 99% of what i see coming out of Scapegoat is pretty awesome, and i'm not saying that just because i'm vegan.

Have you been to Scapegoat, they are right in the middle of the Vegan Mini Mall. Sweatpea Bakery is like three doors down. I tag along with friends sometimes just to stop in the tattoo shop.

Have you been to Scapegoat, they are right in the middle of the Vegan Mini Mall. Sweatpea Bakery is like three doors down. I tag along with friends sometimes just to stop in the tattoo shop.

i have! but i also know people who have been tattooed by many of the guys there, and the work just always looks spot on. i fuckin' love sweet pea, especially their all you can eat brunch.

man, i feel like it's so hard to know what to get in a back piece. i thought i was set on an idea, then i look at this thread, and a million other ideas just come into my head! i guess at the moment it isn't too pressing though, since i don't have the money to be spending on it anyway.