Who do you think deserves some recognition?

Iwar

@NathanShearer, Frank was mentioned one page ago, by Iwar. It's terrifying how quickly Frank learns. I wish he would tattoo more and make music less. I like his tattoos and flash.

Miles doesn't have an internet 'presence' other than the Frith Street website but he's been tattooing in and around London or Australia for 20 years. He was at IntoYou for quite a while. Eye-opening stories for sure. 99% of them not fit for the internet. ;)

I drove by Atlas Tattoo today and couldn't resist stopping to look at some Dan Gilsdorf tattoos and poke around the shop. I know this shop has been given a lot of credit but I have not heard much about Jacob Redmond. I looked through his complete portfolio today at the shop. There is so much stuff in there that isn't on his blog or the shop website and it all looks so much cleaner. Honestly everytime I go in that shop it really gets me excited about tattoos (but what doesn't)

Jacob Redmond - Atlas

@Gregor -

Chris Crooks is the main interview in next month's 'Total Tattoo', if you're interested. They were doing the photos / chat with him while I was up at his studio last month.

I think Shige is doing the front of Chris' body suit, although I've not seen it.

BTW I am not in fact, an employee of 'Total Tattoo' or otherwise obsessed with it, despite the fact that I seem to be talking about it a lot lately...

That dude does real nice work.I remember seeing his stuff when he was only tattooing a few years,and it was good.You know he started out in NH,and he does travel to the east coast to do conventions and guest spots.There's a lot of talented tattooers in Portland.I got tattooed by Jerry Ware@ Atlas Tattoo :: Portland, Oregon They have some real good tattooers there too.What are you thinking of getting from Ryan?

Sorry it took me so long to reply... I'm thinking of getting a variation on a anatomical heart chest piece kinda dealio from Ryan. Going big with my first tattoo, kinda apprehensive after reading peoples complaints on chest pieces in the 'most painful' thread but I'm super stoked for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Many of you might know this tattoo studio, and it was some LSTers who recommended it to me.. I simply must get my next tattoo at this place, their work is just incredible!

.:: King Carlos Tattoo ::.

Calle from King Carlos does some of the most amazing Japanese style work I've ever seen. He was one of the people I considered for my backpiece but in the end it didn't look like it was going to work out. A combination of the waiting list at the time, mechanics of going back and forth to Stockholm (he doesn't travel because of his back, AFAIK)...

love to get tattoo'd at perfection.

jaie is the dude that does work i really dig, have a few from him, i've told friends here in austin about him.

actually all the perfection artists are awesome. they're nice, do good work and i'm kinda surprised to see that most people don't mention that place. when talking about the other austin shops...

katja is awesome, super nice and does great work.

check this, and i'm not talking only the tattoo, i smile everytime i walk in there and see the druid (and mummy)...

this is katja's work.

KCSJ_kbUW1qhoGw3.jpg

just check the perfection website.

Perfection Tattoo - Austin, Texas