Who do you think deserves some recognition?

Iwar

I meant to put Chris Smith in here before. He tattoos at Deluxe Tattoo in Chicago and also makes machines I think (Workhorse Irons))? I think he does some really clean-looking, bright tattoos.

I am almost sorry I went ahead with Japanese chest plates when I see these kinds of trad front pieces:-

I like his big cat heads too.

b6.bmp

His (not updated very often) blog: Being dead looks retarded

@RoryQ that panther head is fucking tough, I say add that bad boy to our panther thread

• 3 weeks later...

One of my best friends & coolest mofo in the entire universe - Stooks - just got his new site up. He's just returned from a reasonable stint in Europe and is currently based at 5 Star Tattoo, Fremantle, Western Australia. Check out his stuff and if he ever comes to a shop near you (hey, it could happen? lol) and you want a super rad tattoo & good times, he's your man :cool:

http://stookstattoo.com/

5 Star Tattoo Studio Fremantle - Local Business - Fremantle, Australia | Facebook

I reckon Rich Fie in Queens in New York deserves some recognition for keeping the old hard style New York tattooing alive. His shop is covered floor to ceiling, wall to wall in hand painted flash by either him or Rob Freund or Dave Mowers, anyone can walk in anytime and get a genuine east coast style tattoo anytime, no big deals.

And he's a real genuine fella who gives back as much as he takes from tattooing. A gentleman.

I've been keen on Dusty Neal for the last two weeks or so, absorbing all of the work he's posted on his tumblr.

SWORN TO THE BLACK

When I first saw his feed on Tumblr.... there was a great Christ head AND a Pushead piece. I was sold.

The way he does lady heads and his use of transitions and colors are insane. Devout follower of his instagram.

I meant to put Chris Smith in here before. He tattoos at Deluxe Tattoo in Chicago and also makes machines I think (Workhorse Irons))? I think he does some really clean-looking, bright tattoos.

I am almost sorry I went ahead with Japanese chest plates when I see these kinds of trad front pieces:-

cs2.jpg

this is on the singer of a great chicago hardcore band called Harms Way, and is one of the coolest straight edge tattoos i've seen (Firm Standing Law is a Chorus of Disapproval record). nice fellow.

Robert Ryan is one of my favorite tattooers, and the majority of my tattoos were put on by him.

Cobra design originally by Sailor jerry, repainted for the asbury park tattoo convention. the script underneath was tattooed by Rich Heller, also at Electric tattoo in Bradley Beach NJ.

and the girl was tattooed on my 20th birthday, lots of fun.

the dagger on my shin was designed by Dan Higgs. One of my favorite tattoos so far

ALSO, an extremely underrated tattooer is Tom Yak, also at Electric Tattoo

the day i got the cobra pictured above by Robert Ryan, Marco was guest spotting at Electric and he did this AWESOME black and grey rock of ages on a local tattooers throat. the tattooer also had black and grey ladyheads on both sides of his neck, also tattooed by Marco. very nice guy and a super solid tattooer. Apparently he's coming back in the spring and I can't wait to get tattooed by him.

the day i got the cobra pictured above by Robert Ryan, Marco was guest spotting at Electric and he did this AWESOME black and grey rock of ages on a local tattooers throat. the tattooer also had black and grey ladyheads on both sides of his neck, also tattooed by Marco. very nice guy and a super solid tattooer. Apparently he's coming back in the spring and I can't wait to get tattooed by him.

I am looking forward to getting tattooed by him as well. I have to get my back finished up before I start on anything else, but Lit Fuse is my next stop after that. Also my wife has mostly black and grey work on her arms, and she is going to have Marco finish up them up. He is probably better known for his black and grey, but he does great traditional stuff as well. I have gotten to see quite a few of his tattoos in person, and everyone of them was pretty exceptional.