Who do you think deserves some recognition?

Iwar

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone needs to check out Geordie Cole out of Tattoo Magic in Melbourne Australia...next level stufff..

just in case you missed it... this dude... wow. i JUST recently saw his work for the first time in the bloodwork bodies book. i might just not know my shit, but this is one artist i ran across where i thought to myself, "how the fuck have i NOT heard of this guy?!"

Geordie Cole

he also got a full backpiece from horitomo

Geordie Cole Turns Japanese - THE TATTOOED HEART

love this thread, by the way!

@Lochlan i googled adam warmerdam tattoo

first hit was link was this lol

Adam Warmerdam (adam warmerdam ) on Myspace.com /Ilovetosuckmonstercock

Adam Warmerdam (adam warmerdam ) on Myspace

Adam Warmerdam (adam warmerdam )'s profile on Myspace, the leading social ... and im actually searching for tattoo artist to design for my clothing line

so stuck to images and saw some pretty cool tattoos

Marco is a really good tattooer and a good friend of mine. Seriously, I have more respect for him than any tattooer in washington state.

Marco Hernandez is a great tattooer. He owns Lit Fuse in Olympia, WA. It is hard to find examples of his work online, but he does have an Instagram account. He is very versatile, and his lettering is as good as anyone around.

Marco is a really good tattooer and a good friend of mine. Seriously, I have more respect for him than any tattooer in washington state.

I visited his shop when i was out that way,and his shop is filled with some great flash..A real traditional style shop.He does clean work too.And he does visit Electric Tattoo in Bradley on occasion...I should actually get tattooed by him next time he's in town.

just in case you missed it... this dude... wow. i JUST recently saw his work for the first time in the bloodwork bodies book. i might just not know my shit, but this is one artist i ran across where i thought to myself, "how the fuck have i NOT heard of this guy?!"

Geordie Cole

he also got a full backpiece from horitomo

Geordie Cole Turns Japanese - THE TATTOOED HEART

love this thread, by the way!

I met him at a convention in Jersey back in 2001,and his portfolio was amazing..All big japanese pieces done beautifully.

One of the guys who tattoos me here in Portland was just talking about making a trip up to Olympia to get tattooed by Marco. I hadn't heard that much tattooing in Olympia, besides that Capn Lou guy, but Marco has some amazing stuff, hope I make it up there some day.

I'm really considering doing a little trip to Germany to get tattooed by Gerhard Wiesbeck - Gerhard Wiesbeck | Facebook

his gallery on facebook is mind blowing, I'm not sure how well known he is but I didn't find his name mentioned on this board.

He does a lot of blackwork and patternwork but manages to keep some sort of an organic feel to his designs which I really like and prefer to the strictly geometrical stuff that seems to be quite fashionable at the moment.

Also I'm getting a sleeve by Amanda Ruby at the moment, she's getting some recognition I guess, she might be featured in the second volume of Black Tattoo Art, here's her facebook pages -

Amanda Ruby | Facebook

Amanda Ruby Tattooist - Local Business - Folkestone, United Kingdom | Facebook

There's sooo many awesome amazing tattooist out in the world these days, that its hard to just come up with one. But i got tattooed by Shaun the African a few years ago when he was at Super Genius in Seattle and Im pretty stoked on my tattoo by him and I think all should know him aswell!

Tattoos by Shaun the African

shauntheafricangrimereaper.jpgshauntheafricanlady.jpgshauntheafricanlady.jpg

• 1 month later...
I've been really impressed with Ryan Mason out of Scapegoat Tattoo in Portland, OR's work. I see his stuff online on blogs and stumbleuponing quite a bit but a quick search shows me that only one other person has mentioned him in the forums. I really dig his style and I'm working on planning a trip out west to get some work done.

I recently saw some of his work and read his blog. Definitely top shelf!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
William Yoneyama is incredible! His snakes, man...just too good.

@WeRnDoG, do you have work from him? What's his story?[/QUOT

He's unreal, all the Tattoo Magic guys are unbelievable. Owen Williams especially. I know there are a million tattooers in the world that I havent heard of but of those who post online regulary, Owen Williams may well be the best he rips any style to shreds.

Im from Sydney and one thing I can say is Melbourne has way more amazing artists then Sydney does, It's true in Graffiti and in tattoo. Sorry I dont have any of there tattoos... Wish I did.

Facebook

@hogg @ian Yep William is killer, really good fella too. I have a snake of course holding a Tibetan skull in its mouth on my foot, it's on page 47 of latest lowdown. William is of Brazilian Japanese decent and has worked in both countries but has been in Melbourne, Australia for the last 7 or so years I think... He comes to New Zealand every four months or so to hang and sometimes get tattooed and tattoo. Top dude.

• 2 months later...

Most of my tattoos I got from Carlo, working out of Aloha Tattoos in Barcelona. He apprenticed under Monga and while you can definitely see that quirky influence, he definitely has his own thing going...

253488_125858310829538_6171346_a.jpg

263922_177691628960835_7637021_n.jpg

71975_115640121832653_3361770_n.jpg

Rötor is also working there and while in a completely different and weirder direction, I think his stuff is also amazing...come to think of it, that whole shop is nuts..

267750_135583206523715_4488622_a.jpg

Narval.jpg

pajaro.jpg