Who do you think deserves some recognition?

Iwar

Ok I don't know who this artist is, but still I think this is too awesome not to post. the one who did this deserves recognition. Found this picture online, I assume this is real and considering the chinese text below i think it's done by an asian artist?

Anyone can read chinese?? would love to know which artist it is.

l-161.jpg

Link

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I like that this thread was bummed. It made me think about how awesome Adam Hathorn's aka "Honkey Kong" tattoos are. A nice mixture of traditional and new skool. But, I suppose he probably doesn't need any "recognition."

I have a friend who is ready to get his first tattoo and he's trying to get it from Adam Hathorn at the Montreal Convention this year. I hope it works out for him and I am stoked that my friends are getting rad tattoos.

• 2 weeks later...

526904_10151246619241716_1629605180_n.jpg

Radar at Walk the Line in Athens, GA. I saw one of his lady heads at the Rochester convention on a tattooer who works with him, didn't get the guy's name though, but I asked him who did the tattoo because it was AMAZING. It was just so well tattooed, so smooth and beautiful and well-designed that it's a shame he isn't better known. This picture is ripped from the shop's facebook.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe Kevin Marr should get a whole heck of a lot of attention. One of my favorite artists to date and the primary tattooer of my work. He owns Godspeed tattoo in California and really only does large scale japanese pieces, though he made an exception for me. Not the best example of his work but heres a shot of my back piece from him

post-5637-146168849625_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are four people off the top of my head who I believe deserve some/more recognition than they already receive.

This first tattoo artist's name is Megan Wilson. If you are in the Bay Area be sure to get a tattoo from her.

?ui=2&ik=c0cf72be17&view=att&th=13fb14d1a166a603&attid=0.0&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_LrIw6YD6_WyTxuHaGkYix&sadet=1373069678678&sads=ZO7nzPHo1axBocY3jZKdTtdzssg

This next artist's name is Rich Hadley. A huge inspiration in my drawing and painting. Check him out on Instagram.

?ui=2&ik=c0cf72be17&view=att&th=13fb14ce6f30f195&attid=0.0&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_LrIw6YD6_WyTxuHaGkYix&sadet=1373069772150&sads=9DqeZBFPhiyQ4ldKsngha0eCRJ8

Another great artist is Thomas Morgan. He is the real deal when you think of a tattoo artist. If you are in the Southern California area check him out and get a tattoo.

?ui=2&ik=c0cf72be17&view=att&th=13fb160797e8d659&attid=0.0&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_LrIw6YD6_WyTxuHaGkYix&sadet=1373070600442&sads=k6iA8dwf9E4PVL7Wpb_I1f_9UVA

Last but not least, Jojo Ackermann. He is a great tattoo artist and all around great guy. If you are in the Southern California area, go get a tattoo from him. Check him out on Instagram.

?ui=2&ik=c0cf72be17&view=att&th=13fb14d3b25827fa&attid=0.0&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_LrIw6YD6_WyTxuHaGkYix&sadet=1373069804646&sads=kqPZs7BAiiJ5uknWiBO_eprNFOA

Frank William is really blowing my mind with the stuff he is posting on Instagram.

He was sharing a booth at the Rochester convention with Mario Desa when @Pugilist got tattooed by him and I'll vouch for Frank William's tattoos looking really good in person too.

- - - Updated - - -

Another guy I was really impressed with at that convention is Matt Bivetto who is now tattooing at Three Kings in Brooklyn. His stuff is so raw and powerful and he came across as a really nice, good dude. I really want to get tattooed by him, I just need to figure a couple of things out first.