Who do you think deserves some recognition?

Iwar

Another guy I was really impressed with at that convention is Matt Bivetto who is now tattooing at Three Kings in Brooklyn. His stuff is so raw and powerful and he came across as a really nice, good dude. I really want to get tattooed by him, I just need to figure a couple of things out first.

Bivetto rules! @jayessebee has numerous tattoos from him. He was working at Tantrum Tattoo in Petersburg, Virginia (my birthplace!) with George Archer.

Forgive me if his name has come up before in this long thread, but I believe there is pound for pound no one better than Tim McAlary at Goldrush Tattoo in Cost Mesa, CA.

I know there is no best and I would never claim that he (or anyone for that matter) is the best, but he definitely deserves some recognition. He is killing it.

Another guy I was really impressed with at that convention is Matt Bivetto who is now tattooing at Three Kings in Brooklyn. His stuff is so raw and powerful and he came across as a really nice, good dude. I really want to get tattooed by him, I just need to figure a couple of things out first.

My coworker's roommate got his first tattoo (as a walk in) from Matt Bivetto last night. It is the wolf with the native american headdress posted on Matt's instagram Photo by mattbivetto • Instagram

Frank William is really blowing my mind with the stuff he is posting on Instagram.

I met Frank at the Philly Convention last year (2012) as he was sharing a booth with Mario and my girlfriend and myself both got tattooed by Mario. Couldn't get tattooed by him at the convention due to lack of funds but we made a trip to CTC a few months later and I got tattooed by him. Super nice and does real nice tattoos.

think ink tattoos Norman Oklahoma, Josh the owner was a big part in the fight to legalize tattooing in oklahoma .@thinkinktattoos (THINK INK GALLERY) 's Instagram photos | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer

I like levis .@levihatchtattoos (levi hatch) 's Instagram photos | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer and Brandons http://web.stagram.com/n/brandoncutter/ tattoos a lot.

All around cool shop and some cool history from old acetates by Underwood and Jensen to framed photos of old school tattoo

think ink tattoos Norman Oklahoma, Josh the owner was a big part in the fight to legalize tattooing in oklahoma .@thinkinktattoos (THINK INK GALLERY) 's Instagram photos | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer

I like levis .@levihatchtattoos (levi hatch) 's Instagram photos | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer and Brandons .@brandoncutter (Brandon Cutter) 's Instagram photos | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer tattoos a lot.

All around cool shop and some cool history from old acetates by Underwood and Jensen to framed photos of old school tattoo

seconded :)

• 1 month later...

Guen Douglas

I love her work, definitely has a defined style. Met her at the Montreal show a few years ago, really fun person. Super talented.

- - - Updated - - -

Zack makes some amazing tattoos; super smooth. Works at Anonymous Tattoo in Savannah. Super nice guy too.

He has a lot of stuff on his IG, follow him at zackspurlock

some stuff here too:

Zack Spurlock | tattoos

• 3 weeks later...
I've been keen on Dusty Neal for the last two weeks or so, absorbing all of the work he's posted on his tumblr.

SWORN TO THE BLACK

When I first saw his feed on Tumblr.... there was a great Christ head AND a Pushead piece. I was sold.

I want a Dusty Neale tattoo so bad. I discovered him when I saw a drawing online of some African-American lady heads and I saw his name on it. I knew I had to get one or something like it the instant I saw it. I'm definitely getting one of them on me. His Egyptian flash looks incredible too.