Who do you think deserves some recognition?

Iwar

sleevin steve serazio....big steve serazio....Steve-o Serazio...SIR RAW ZEE OO.....thee most naturally gifted tattoo artist...spotlights janitor

Shane - any pics for us? Nothing on the Spotlight site, doesn't seem like it's been updated for a while.

I will have to take some pics with my camera tommorrow..the ones i am taking with my phone do not tell the whole story...but believe me...he is a monster....and he will never forgive me for posting something he wouldnt want out there...

so is Angelo Miller and Mike Bruce at inksmith and rogers....Poor Angelo...every tattoo he does is either before or after one Mike wilson does....Tattooers get his Ink products they are calling it "Time Tells"....and Mike Bruce...he works at the Atlantic Blvd shop....real low key but just amazing...Eric inksmiths forearm...i thought Rollo did it but it was Mike Bruce....

All three do not care for alot of attention...but they are all real real good....

It is funny...there are so so many good tattooers now.....

...and Mike Bruce...he works at the Atlantic Blvd shop....real low key but just amazing...Eric inksmiths forearm...i thought Rollo did it but it was Mike Bruce....

All three do not care for alot of attention...but they are all real real good....

It is funny...there are so so many good tattooers now.....

To me nothing is more impressive and speaks volumes about a person if they could easily "shout the odds " about themselves but are laid back and quiet .These are the real cool dudes ,it never ceases to amaze me that people fail to recognise this or even worse adopt a "cool guy attitude " It seems to me these types have real confidence in themselves and their abilities .

Chris Brand of Good Time Charlie's Tattooland in Anaheim. He doesn't have much of a web presence--hell, I don't even know if the guy has a cell phone--but he does killer black and gray, gorgeous Japanese and nice traditional. And he's one of the nicest, most humble and genuine folks you'll ever meet, in this biz or any other. Oh, and he did Ben Grillo's back:

l_f8180e1a932c479c9a1ae142d8b215f1.jpg

And since Chris has a jaw-dropper of a sleeve from Miyazo, I'll add him to the list. He puts a slight pop art twist on traditional Japanese tattooing.

tat023.jpg

tat044.jpg

tat058.jpg

‘åã_Q‰®ì_‹{‘*_MIYAZO_TATTOO_ŽhÂ

so is Angelo Miller and Mike Bruce at inksmith and rogers....Poor Angelo...every tattoo he does is either before or after one Mike wilson does....Tattooers get his Ink products they are calling it "Time Tells"....and Mike Bruce...he works at the Atlantic Blvd shop....real low key but just amazing...Eric inksmiths forearm...i thought Rollo did it but it was Mike Bruce....

yes! yes! yes! most everyone at one of inksmiths many shops deserve a lil' nod. i saw some mike wilson work in person today and it made all of dudes other tattoos look like ass. just that good.

Aaron Coleman is pretty well-known, but I never really hear people talking about him. I think that he is another great tattooer that keeps his internet presence to a minimum. Immaculate Tattoo - Home

I was in AZ a few years ago and checked out his shop.Nice traditional shop with alot of good flash on the walls. Was also impressed with this young tattooer at Urban Art in Mesa. Home - J Hartman Tattoo Urban Art Tattoo And Timo@ 5th Estate Tattoo : Gilbert Arizona another good tattooer I've never heard of.

Im not sure how much exposure he has had but ~ Tom Moser - at Goldrush, wow is all I can say, all the pics of his work are insane but a few that stand out to me are the blue yellow and red cobra that goes from the guys waist line to his chest, tiger head on the guys hand, panther on the hand, and the tiger at the end on his portfolio.

I looked at most of the other guys pics at gold rush and they are all incredible, looks like these dudes are top of the food chain.

Im not sure how much exposure he has had but ~ Tom Moser - at Goldrush, wow is all I can say, all the pics of his work are insane but a few that stand out to me are the blue yellow and red cobra that goes from the guys waist line to his chest, tiger head on the guys hand, panther on the hand, and the tiger at the end on his portfolio.

I looked at most of the other guys pics at gold rush and they are all incredible, looks like these dudes are top of the food chain.

oh heres the link - Artists « Gold Rush Tattoo

i first saw peter lagergren's blog a few months ago, and i was blown away.....couldn't beleive i have never heard of someone that good until now.

that backpiece on ben grillo looks crazy.

i could mention a few people, one would be steve moore from vancouver, i know some west coasters already know about him, but out east anytime i show some my work from him, they have no idea who he is.....he keeps it low profile on the web and has only done a few articles. but if you get to check out his sketchbook and the photo book he carries around, it's insane. one of the best artists i have ever worked around, he did a few guest spots when aaron still worked with us.

matt rinks and brady duncan are two other dudes who a lot of younger tattooers don't even realize that alot of shit they are copying are heavily influenced by stuff they were doing a whle ago. neither of them hae a while lot to do with computers, though.

i used to work with this dude named jef mcgreevy a while back who could draw, paint, or tattoo almost anything, not even sure if he's still tattooing now. would have been really well known if he did a few more mag articles back then.

he's been getting some press nowadays, but cory norris is a another artist that has been pushing it for a long time.

matt rinks and brady duncan are two other dudes who a lot of younger tattooers don't even realize that alot of shit they are copying are heavily influenced by stuff they were doing a whle ago. neither of them hae a while lot to do with computers, though.

Two awesome guys who don't really care about being popular.......they just wanna do their art, and put in good, long lasting, solid tattoos!

Both of these guys have tattooed me, as has Eric, and they are all under-appreciated if you ask me!

Here's a list of people that I find waaaaaaaaaaaaay under rated.

Clay McCay

Lizzie Renaud

Mike Bruce

Josh Mcalear

and motherfucking Dan Troccio. I know he had a TAM interview a while back and he's in New York, but I just feel like he gets slept on. He's a real low key guy, but honestly one of the best out there IMO. Get tattooed by everyone on this list and make the world a better place.

and motherfucking Dan Troccio. I know he had a TAM interview a while back and he's in New York, but I just feel like he gets slept on. He's a real low key guy, but honestly one of the best out there .

dan was my mentor, and continues to inspire me. known that dude about 20 years now, since before we tattooed. he definatley is slept on. proud to know him, have learned a lot from him and wear his tattoos.

btw...it's TROCCHIO!

this is sooo tempting...

DO IT!!! LOL come on Robin!! come to Toronto and get a Deno tattoo! if it means anything to you, when you come(even if its not for deno) i will treat you to dinner! sorry i just got really excited at the thought of someone from LST coming to Toronto! hahaha let us know if you ever come our way!!

i have a feeling i am really behind the ball on this one, but i'm still schooling myself on european tattooers and i just discovered Stizzo, an italian artist. it looks as though he owns and works out of his own shop called Best of Times, in milan. i'm sure anyone who works the milan convention is probably familiar with him. i really enjoy his use of black, it's beautiful and it really gets me. you can check his stuff out on facebook under Stizzo Tattoo. seeing that he has over 4,000 friends on facebook, i assume his work is no secret. but i had never heard his name or seen his work in books, magazines or on the web before. here some samples...

happy to know he's getting the recognition he deserves.

here in Milan he's very well known in the "community"

Wow this is a really awesome post, thread or whatever you call it. My friend Ethan is having his back piece by this guy named Bunny in Norton Ohio at a shop called Rising Tide. This kid has skills. He does mostly large scale work on his clients but is willing to do most types of traditional, neo-traditional Japanese and American styles of any size. Really wild color schemes and just clean work. Also adding to the mix of lesser known from Ohio, Dave Wulf of tattoo faction. And the guy who is currently doing my back piece Karl Berringer of 252 tattoo in Cleveland Ohio. 252 is a really solid shop and I believe it to be some what heard of outside of our state. Anyway check these guys out via shop websites.