Who do you think deserves some recognition?

Iwar

Wow this is a really awesome post, thread or whatever you call it. My friend Ethan is having his back piece by this guy named Bunny in Norton Ohio at a shop called Rising Tide. This kid has skills. He does mostly large scale work on his clients but is willing to do most types of traditional, neo-traditional Japanese and American styles of any size. Really wild color schemes and just clean work. Also adding to the mix of lesser known from Ohio, Dave Wulf of tattoo faction. And the guy who is currently doing my back piece Karl Berringer of 252 tattoo in Cleveland Ohio. 252 is a really solid shop and I believe it to be some what heard of outside of our state. Anyway check these guys out via shop websites.

Bunny is ridiculous, he did a HUGE piece on my buddy Corey's side after only tattooing like 4 years or something and it was pretty fucking insane. Definitely super talented and very low profile.

Bunny is ridiculous, he did a HUGE piece on my buddy Corey's side after only tattooing like 4 years or something and it was pretty fucking insane. Definitely super talented and very low profile.

Yeah, he did the outline on my friend (back and ass) in about three and a half hours. The piece is of rats surrounding a fighting skeleton, wind bars and fire. Hopefully I am going to have him do a piece on the back of my thigh, but he is booked like three or four weeks in advance and I don't drive. But yeah, he is pretty bad ass. cool link by the way, I like the scissor tattoo and the art nouveau looking lady with the bleeding throat.

nate

Undoubtedly Akilla Saito aka Horiyamoto ,he's a member of the Horitoshi family in Tokyo so he's off to a flying start .He's got the dark backgrounds and traditional feel you would expect, but he combines this with unique designs and a modern edge .His cats and dragons are exceptional which has also made him a favourite of the Japanese MMA fighters .Heres his site which also links to his blog .

TATTOO SOUL

• 1 month later...

Ron Henry Wells (The Hyena in here)! The man has been tattooing for like 4 years, which boggles my mind. Great shit allready. I have only exhanced few emails with him, but apparently he is also a gentleman and a schollar. My hats off to him. I will put here few of his things that I like, hope you dont mind Ron.

The Laughing Hyena

If you live in Arizona, you definitely know who Aaron Coleman is!

I do, and I know Jay Cavna, a guy who works out of Aaron's shop a couple Thursdays every month. I think Jay does great Japanese-style stuff. Here's a link to his Tucson, AZ shop: Sanctity Tattoo

I've been talking to him about a neck-to-knees back piece. Just finished getting my back hair lasered off in preparation for it. It's my first tattoo, and yeah, I'm scared to death.

In no particular order but:

Nick Ley

Sam Chamberlain

Roxy @ Elite Tattoo Ft. Worth Tx

Dan Martin

Haya (use to work at Scratch Addiction)

Adam Barton

Matt Shamah

Adam Shrewsberry

Ben Siebert

Will Card (worked at True Tattoo, now at Saints and Sinners)

Chad Soner

Every time someone asks me this question, I always say Ian and Hayley Parkin. They work at Ian's studio Inkslingers, in Newcastle Upon Tyne. I've been tattooed by them both, and I always think it's strange that people think my tattoos are great, ask who did them, then never really bother looking at their work afterwards. I guess people aren't as much of a geek as I am ;)

This other one might sound strange among you guys, but I'd also say Charlie Roberts. I'm sure a lot of you guys know who he is, but last time he came to Newcastle I heard collectors and tattooers asking who he is. He's a brilliant tattooer, but I guess he's just a little low key and doesn't try to hard to get his name out anywhere. Have you guys ever noticed that, where you're amazed people don't know about a tattooer when you feel like they should have at least known their name?

• 3 weeks later...

Great post. Definitely a ton of amazing artist that deserve recognition or more of it

I know he is well known already but Dan Dringenberg just as an asset to the tattoo community. I don't feel he gets the recognition/ respect he deserves. I recognize I'm just some young guy but I believe he is the greatest tattoo machine builder.

• 1 month later...

I suppose this thread is according to taste, but I would say Guy Le Tattooer (working out of a studio in Toulouse, France) should be regarded as a modern great. I love his mixture of pointilism plus a quite surreal etching/woodcut/anatomical style that evokes Duncan X, but perhaps less dark in subject matter, and more focussed on animals.

GUY LE TATOOER

tumblr_lmj1alaPDR1qerbdoo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1312408296&Signature=YJogIXzCAiJnRsjBw7YLpanNnFE%3Dguy4.jpgtumblr_ld4ifdxqAF1qerbdoo1_500.jpg