Thinking about tattooing my fat belly. Good/bad idea?

Musashi

I'm not SUPER fat. I'm 6 foot and 230 pounds. I have a respectable gut, but I'm not really fat all over. (Antidepressants are a bitch/life saver).

I would love to go big on my tummy, but I'm afraid of how it will look and how it will age. If I stop taking the medication at some point, and I lose a bunch of weight, is the tattoo going to look like a deflated balloon? I have stretch marks on my sides - I'd love to cover those up, but obviously the skin stretched faster than it could keep up. What are my options?

P.S. I'm not retarded.

Hello!! I really don't recommend you to tattoo anything in an area that stretches and expands so easily. I mean, maybe you will lose weight and gain weight again, or lose it forever, or even gain weight. If it happens (and it will happen, because life changes and maybe as you said you left the medication or something like that) the tattoo will be expanded or stretched at the same time, and yes: it will look bad.

If you want proofs, check this post:

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/blogs/inkedmumma/424-journey-so-far.html

This is a super beautiful woman and she loves her stretch marks because it's a beautiful proof of life, since it appeared after she was pregnant. And she loves it, so that's absolutelly perfect and beautiful.

But, if you won't love your tattoo even if it's a disaster after you lose or gain weight, then don't do it.

If you will love it even when it's not a perfect tattoo, and it's actually a damaged tattoo: go for it!!! :D

About cover the stretch marks, you can't do it with a tattoo. They will still visible and, also, the tattoo won't look good on them.

I recommend you to heal the stretch marks with aloe or mosqueta, or specific lotions for that. You can also go to a dermatollogist and he would tell you what's best for you, I know there are amazing lasers that erase scars and marks. Just make your skin healthier before doing a tattoo!

About your illnes: Good luck, you can do it!! :D

Enviado desde mi JY-G4 mediante Tapatalk

DO IT

i had a friend who years ago made the comment "tattoos only look good on really fat dudes and really skinny dudes"

Haha. I used to always joke about this, too. I would say to get my stomach done I'd either have to lose about 20-25 pounds or put on about 100. Either way, I'll still do eventually. I was really close to pulling the trigger and starting it at Pagoda City, then realized I probably won't be able to attend this year.

- - - Updated - - -

DO IT

i had a friend who years ago made the comment "tattoos only look good on really fat dudes and really skinny dudes"

Haha. I used to always joke about this, too. I would say to get my stomach done I'd either have to lose about 20-25 pounds or put on about 100. Either way, I'll still do eventually. I was really close to pulling the trigger and starting it at Pagoda City, then realized I probably won't be able to attend this year.

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, MoistTowelette said:

I have a fat gut and my entire front (including one nipple, one armpit and bellybutton) is tattooed.

And it's probably the area I get the most compliments on the (the artwork, not the huge gut)

you don't have a fat gut dude !  I do,but you don't.

I don't want to go off topic -- but why not use this as motivation to lose the weight? About a year ago I finally decided to just get rid of it, and started doing workouts at home. I can stream YouTube thru my kid's Xbox One, and there are no shortage of amazing free workouts there. I started doing only 25-35 minutes a day, six days a week, and didn't radically change my diet, but cut out a few of the big obvious junky things and tried my best to eat clean... or at least non-processed foods. Oh, and every other Sunday I ate my brains out with junk on a cheat day. For the first 7-8 weeks, I only saw a small change... but somewhere after two months, the weight started falling off me, and I couldn't even believe how easy it was to lose it. I ended up dropping 30+ pounds and was able to do things athletically that I never thought possible for someone like me. If I can do it anyone can do it. Send me a message if you want some links of some YouTube videos to get started. It's really not that hard, and you don't need to dedicate a lot of time, you just have to stick to it.

Fuck weight loss. Get covered in tattoos. 

My husband has a beer belly and I am trying to persuade him to get his belly covered ( and i dont mean as a way of hiding. It just looks bad ass and he is a big hairy angry looking bastard) . They look awesome!

And who cares if you did lose weight after getting tattooed. Our bodies change over time anyway. Best to get the tattoos you want regardless of how our body may change down the track right? 

Also.

I want photos.

I may or may not be a perve. 

Its the internet.

You decide .

On 4/12/2016 at 2:12 PM, Musashi said:

I'm not SUPER fat. I'm 6 foot and 230 pounds. I have a respectable gut, but I'm not really fat all over. (Antidepressants are a bitch/life saver).

I would love to go big on my tummy, but I'm afraid of how it will look and how it will age. If I stop taking the medication at some point, and I lose a bunch of weight, is the tattoo going to look like a deflated balloon? I have stretch marks on my sides - I'd love to cover those up, but obviously the skin stretched faster than it could keep up. What are my options?

P.S. I'm not retarded.

Great idea! Tattoos make you look more slim.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Musashi DO IT! I know I'm late to the party but trust me, you'll love yourself (fatty or no!) more with an awesome tattoo on you.  Also subconsciously you just told yourself that you and your body are worth an aesthetic treat, which goes a long way for long lasting self esteem, in my humble and personal experience.  

I disagree with the poster who said not to tattoo the tummy because it could change.  Your whole body will change over your whole life.  Don't wait. Live for now.  DO IT!

@Musashi yes, do go for it. I've made a good start on my belly and it looks so, so much better. The damage on the untattooed skin is less noticeable and I feel much better for it too.  After two comedy-bellied pregnancies the skin was fucked. Crepey in places, stretch marks, weird stuff with the navel. I almost did't dare to get it out to see if it was tattoo-able but the women on the Ladies Thread helped me grow some ovaries and crack on with it.  

I think it was pretty hard work to tattoo, it'd probably have been quicker and easier if i'd been a bit heavier (like I am at the moment, the photo is older) but the colour saturation is even and consistent throughout. The textural differences are still apparent but much less obvious.

This is a great thread 

and here's my belly fd76cb334be8e488f578a9850056d4fb.jpg

Edited by HettyKet

• 2 weeks later...