Traditional Eagle and Anerican Flag ideas

Devious6

Looking for some ides and suggestions on my next tattoo. This will be on my right shoulder/upper arm. I want to do a traditional eagle with an American flag - color. I'm looking for something fairly large. I really love the look of the eagles flying with upswept wings...but could also go with a perched eagle. I found the thread on traditional eagles here - and have found a bunch of images through Google search...not sure I can upload them here because of the copyright issues.

Ideas? Examples? I have an appointment to have some shading added to my first tattoo in a few weeks and I plan on talking with my artist then about doing this one. I may just give him some examples and let him run with it. He specializes in traditional work.

I'm obviously biased because I have a huge one from him, but I think Grez at King's Avenue has some of the sickest eagles goin. And being in NEPA, you're not far from NYC. He doesn't have his own instagram, but searching #grez on IG will show you plenty.

I'm also very partial to Steve Byrne's and Aaron Coleman's.

Thanks for the advice and links! I took my wife out for dinner tonight to celebrate her birthday. During our discussion she mentioned that she was really liking my first tattoo...which gave me the opening to talk about what I want to do with the second. She was totally supportive - just suggested I wait until fall so we don't miss swimming time in our pool this summer.

Now I will begin my research in earnest for the eagle and American flag ideas. I have an appointment with my artist on the 26th to finish shading my first tattoo. I will give him my ideas and some examples then and let him do the final design.

I suggest just going to your artist and saying "I want to do a traditional eagle with an American flag - color. I'm looking for something fairly large. I really love the look of the eagles flying with upswept wings...but could also go with a perched eagle."

If your artist specializes in traditional tattoos, and is a good artist, he doesn't need anything more than that to work with! See what he comes up with, I bet it will be better than any examples you're going to get from google searching it.