Can you think of any American artists that are comparable to Bumpkin tattoos?

Vivian

I have a fresh tattoo by them :) definitely recommend, but I live in the neighbour state , so the trip was easy :)

They have very unique approach, they let you fill the questionaire about your wishes, favourite colours, things and your personality. Then Lucy draws the picture and sends it to you by e-mail. It is possible to tweak it.

I didn't go through the process, because this one was an available drawing they put on the Facebook.

58567bbd8a860e518cc6ecac9049ed94.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marley - I contacted Bang Bang a while ago, and the artist I was interested in (Georgia or Liz, can't remember) had a base min. of $1000 for 2 hours!!!! And this was for a pretty small tattoo. I almost died. I think their cheapest artist charged 400/hour. There are a lot of great artists out there who aren't so crazy overpriced. If it were a dream of mine to have a tat done by them, I might consider it....but I'd sooner fly to Slovakia and spend all my money at Bumpkin. ATM, it's just not financially feasible. That's not to say I won't consider a great artist if they're expensive...it all depends.

- - - Updated - - -

LadySparrow - I just saw your tattoo on another site! Love it. I love their drawings of people...if I ever go to Bumpkin I think a tattoo depicting a person would be quite lovely.

he seems pretty consistent in his efforts in that style

what would you call that style

it seems like a water color meets trash polka type of thing

it may have a proper name?

anyway - good luck @Vivian

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to say. I can see the water color and trash polka youre talking about. His drawings remind me of newspaper comics too.

Go see Tom Yak at Electric Tattoo in Asbury Park, NJ. He can do everything, including folky tattoos (some are included in his portfolio which I am linking to here) plus his tattoos are going to look good forever because he knows how to properly make a tattoo. He's also a fantastic guy and is very gentle, which is always a pleasant bonus.

Home