Hola

RTHoe

This will be my first tattoo and I'm looking at getting a very traditional WW2 tattoo.

My grandpa was an infantryman in the Army through WW2 and Korea, my uncle was an Army infantryman in Vietnam and I was an Army infantryman in Afghanistan.

Found this US Army infantry tattoo that dudes would get before heading for Europe/The Pacific from a flash tattoo history book and planning on incorporating our three units into it.

KHlXY9G.jpg

I'll have them match the font of the unit numbers to the rest, that's the closest I could get just messing around with it.

I want it to be pretty original to the design, but I'm totally open to any tweaks or adjustments they'll make to it.

For colors, I was originally thinking of having the rifles brown, and the shield and stars a red/"white"/blue combo like the flag. After talking with my buddy that is heavily tattooed, he suggested I do the rifles and shield black, stripes red, and the stars yellow. He has a tattoo with those colors that is similar to what I want and I dig it a lot. So I'm planning to go with that color scheme. What do you guys think?

Buddy's tattoo

cJfKFic.jpg

welcome !

Idle Hand is where I'd be going in SF for sure

I've never been there but my bud has a sweeeet tattoo from Austin Maples of the reggae-dancehall duck-dance duck and it is one of my fave tattoos I've seen.

Sounds like you got a bad ass plan, do it.

good luck !

welcome !

Idle Hand is where I'd be going in SF for sure

I've never been there but my bud has a sweeeet tattoo from Austin Maples of the reggae-dancehall duck-dance duck and it is one of my fave tattoos I've seen.

Sounds like you got a bad ass plan, do it.

good luck !

I was recommended Holly or Austin. Both were booked two+ months out so I was going to choose someone else when Austin had an opening in a few weeks! Booked my appointment with him, pretty stoked.

Looks like a great design and colors. Go for it! My next will be a traditional eagle and flag on my right arm/ shoulder. Have to keep that patriotic tradition going.

Thanks and I can definitely see myself getting a very traditional eagle/flag mix in the future, always loved those.

I was recommended Holly or Austin. Both were booked two+ months out so I was going to choose someone else when Austin had an opening in a few weeks! Booked my appointment with him, pretty stoked.

Thanks and I can definitely see myself getting a very traditional eagle/flag mix in the future, always loved those.

2 months is not a long wait at all if those artists are who you want,I have waited a year for an appointment before,and some artists are booked out a couple years.

On 4/26/2016 at 11:49 PM, Dan said:

2 months is not a long wait at all if those artists are who you want,I have waited a year for an appointment before,and some artists are booked out a couple years.

Oh for sure.  The reason for the "rush" is because my sister is flying out to surprise my mom for Mother's Day and she has quite a few tattoos and we always said I would get my first tattoo with her.  I've been planning to get this for many years now and am finally doing it, so I'm glad it worked out to get the artist I wanted, when I wanted. 

Even if I couldn't get Austin, I wasn't worried about going to anyone else at that shop based on their work and it is a pretty simple tattoo.  But it all worked out in the end so pretty stoked. 

• 3 weeks later...