Need some creatvive peoples opinions on my tattoo

Garrett

So I got a tattoo I'm not happy with at all and am looking to hopefully save it. I gave the artist 5-6 reference pictures of similar tattoos I liked and trusted his abilities because he has put out some really nice work. In the end I wasn't happy with it so didn't bother going back for touchups because I wasn't sure if I wanted to start removing or what. I don't care how much of my arm needs to get used I just want it to not look like a splotchy blob of black. If anyone has any ideas what I can do to hopefully save my tattoo please let me know because I am stumped. Thanks for all input!

The picture quality is really bad, but I can say I like it a lot! I mean, it's well done and I like it.

The only thing that makes me feel weird is the black background around the tattoo... That's not nice, hahaha

I get the idea about a candle in a dark room, but, anyway, the black ugly background wasn't the best way to achieve it, hahaha

Now, the advices, what would I do:

I would make more tattoos around it, or just a full arm piece if you like the idea.

I mean , even if you don't like the candle (which I like so much and I think you should like it too!) if you just make a lot of tattoos around it, it will just be unnoticed.

You can use the black background to connect the tattoos

The best you can do is to go to a tattoo artist you love so much and you love all his/her tattoos so you will be sure the tattoos he/she is going to draw on you will be super perfect and loveable to you, and ask him/her what should he/she do about it.

Probably he/she is going to have a bunch of nice ideas and designs about what to do!

For example, he/she could transform the black background into smoke (just by expanding the background into it, that's easy)

An example:

4061646_heavy-lies-the-crown_950d8718_m.png?bg=7D7675

And then connect some more tattoos over this smoke!

That's just an idea, but there are so many ones that your tattoo artist is going to think that you should just go and ask him...!

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:55 AM, dansafcman said:

Cant see the pic for some reason, but from what I remember when I saw it a couple of days ago -Guess you were looking for something like this ? 

13062487_10153644940635669_1807267666488

Ya mine was a similar type idea. That one was done much better

I'm considering just blacking it out and going with a similar smokey type that was suggested earlier in the post, I might just go with a half sleeve but I don't want it all as dark so the forearm would have to be the blackest part

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all. I got this tattoo done around 3-4 years ago, but now is the time that I want to add to it. I was thinking about adding mist or fog to it. Would it look better? I must admit that I don't like the 3 big birds at the top in the first pic. They're way too big and don't look right. What are your thoughts on how I could cover them up? I like how the birds are in the third pic though which are at the back of my arm and how the dark branches look. Could I look to bring the dark branches around and up higher to cover the birds in the first pic? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.  

Screenshot_20191104-233120_Samsung Internet.jpg

20191104_233542.jpg

20191104_233709.jpg