Have you tried calling Love and Hate Tattoo and see who is there taking appointments or who is going to be in town guest spotting there in the near future?

Federico Ferroni Gallery page 30 This guy can put on a good tattoo and I know Ken Cameron is a legit guy in the tattoo world. Also I think Federico also works at Love Hate, but maybe it would be easier to catch up with him here.

But to be honest I don't know much about Miami, I wish I could be more help.

We should hella get a booth set up there next year. Have a contest to see who will go. I suggest we sell soap, but in the shape of hatchet men.

so is this whoever loses the contest goes? and im not totally sure @gougetheeyes but i think tattooers are chosen based on if they work for free or they work for free and will give you xanax before tattooing you. that rv with "do no destroy" spray painted on the side is mostly where said tattooing occurs.

Have you tried calling Love and Hate Tattoo and see who is there taking appointments or who is going to be in town guest spotting there in the near future?

Federico Ferroni Gallery page 30 This guy can put on a good tattoo and I know Ken Cameron is a legit guy in the tattoo world. Also I think Federico also works at Love Hate, but maybe it would be easier to catch up with him here.

But to be honest I don't know much about Miami, I wish I could be more help.

I actually emailed them and they responded quickly with a very informative answer. They gave the complete lowdown on how to get an appointment with the tattooers in the shop and how to contact the "show" tattooers. They gave complete instructions including minimums. It was a great response, I was impressed. I looked at Frederico's stuff and it is great but it seems like if you make an appointment, you cant pick your artist. You just pick your time. It might be possible to contact Frederico individually and make an appointment but I"m not sure.

I also emailed Inksmith and Rogers and havent heard back but I might call this week and see how to go about it. Mike Wilson is great but looking at the galleries, they dont seem to have any bad tattooers at their shops. Lot's of quality work to my eyes. A couple seemed really strong in black and grey, which is what this first one will be.

He seems to travel about a lot doing guest spots and conventions, if you really want his work, its worth keeping track on his blog

Especially because if I remember correctly he does "first come, first serve" at conventions rather than appointments

Tim was fully booked at the London convention recently. Also he took appointments at Frith Street. Obviously he got booked solid fairly quickly, but the moral to the story is not to presume.

Whoever you want to get tattooed by, it's often better to ask or to call whatever shop you want to get tattooed at.

It's surprising how quickly you can get an accurate answer that way. Weeks of speculation on the internet doesn't help anyone, it just passes the time...

Troy lane is in Miami, so is Ken Cameron, colorfast is a good shop in lauderdale, altered state in lake worth, aces high and my shop Hellcat tattoo in west palm. Endless summer in cocoa bch, cast iron in Orlando, against the grain in Melbourne, inksmith, livewire, black hive in jax.

There are a ton of good tattooers in Florida, but many, many more bad.

Mike Wilson is very talented but you don't have to travel that far to get a good tattoo.Federico does excellent work,but your going to pay a lot more getting tattooed at love & hate.My friend was down in Miami a few years ago,and wen't into love & hate inquiring about getting a christ head,and they gave him a price that was real high.He ended up going to south beach tattoo,and getting it from Federico for less than half the price he was told at Love & Hate.I believe the next year,he moved to love & hate.Like Dave Porter said there's plenty of shops in South Florida with some capable tattooers. Vince@ Colorfast Studios Expert Tattoo and Body Piercing - Home Page also is real good tattooer.

Lea@ A Stroke Of Genius Tattoos And if you wan't it in a realistic style,check out Big Brain 2 Presents No Hard Feelings Chris & Pepper do nice b & g work.

choosing my artists has been an easy journey so far. i was lucky in finding Charlie Forbes at Twilight, but being that my preferred style is traditional, i'm not exactly at a loss for good tattooers to find. this site has really increased my understanding of what a good tattoo looks like, and when i see one like it on a customer or in an artists book, i can make an appointment with confidence.

choosing my artists has been an easy journey so far. i was lucky in finding Charlie Forbes at Twilight, but being that my preferred style is traditional, i'm not exactly at a loss for good tattooers to find. this site has really increased my understanding of what a good tattoo looks like, and when i see one like it on a customer or in an artists book, i can make an appointment with confidence.

You ever check Aloha Monkey, I'm not sure how far that is from you, but I know Josh Arment is hell of a tattooer and there are a lot of people who guest spot at that shop.

The Aloha Monkey - Local Business - Burnsville, MN | Facebook

• 4 weeks later...