Allergic Reaction, Not Being Helped by Prednisone or Antihistimine

greyhoundmum

I had a ten-year old tattoo reworked last Monday. This is my seventh tattoo, and I've never had any adverse reactions before. This is what it looked like right afterwards: 

2ccnnlt.jpg

By Wednesday, my arm was starting to become severely itchy and developing hives. 

2ibztk1.png

Wednesday night, the bumps were spreading to my wrist and opposite arm. Took Benedryl overnight, no difference. 

2qu44f9.jpg

By Thursday, my arm was swollen, red, hot to the touch, and extremely itchy. 

9gg2ed.jpg

I went to urgent care and was prescribed oral Prednisone. Continued taking Benedryl. I've been on a combination of those meds for three days, and while the redness has diminished some, it's still very hot, swollen, and itchy. Talked to the artist, and she doesn't think it's anything to be too worried about. I'm getting married in ONE WEEK, so I need to get some relief and improvement. Anyone ever had experience with this, or can provide advice on what my next steps should be?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2016 at 1:14 PM, greyhoundmum said:

I had a ten-year old tattoo reworked last Monday. This is my seventh tattoo, and I've never had any adverse reactions before. This is what it looked like right afterwards: 

2ccnnlt.jpg

By Wednesday, my arm was starting to become severely itchy and developing hives. 

2ibztk1.png

Wednesday night, the bumps were spreading to my wrist and opposite arm. Took Benedryl overnight, no difference. 

2qu44f9.jpg

By Thursday, my arm was swollen, red, hot to the touch, and extremely itchy. 

9gg2ed.jpg

I went to urgent care and was prescribed oral Prednisone. Continued taking Benedryl. I've been on a combination of those meds for three days, and while the redness has diminished some, it's still very hot, swollen, and itchy. Talked to the artist, and she doesn't think it's anything to be too worried about. I'm getting married in ONE WEEK, so I need to get some relief and improvement. Anyone ever had experience with this, or can provide advice on what my next steps should be?

Getting the same thing on my new piece... reminds me when I had poison oak. My leg piece got the same thing took a while to go away.