16 Days Later, Feedback

Gear_Head

I'm 16 days later after a 3 hour session filling in black undertones and dark blue colors. The skull has healed up well and has that "glass look" but the top portion of the hat is still a bit scabby and only half way healed. Been decreasing the amount of water and anti-bacterial soap treatment to help balance out drying the skin and providing the right amount of moisture to the tattoo. In and around days 4-5 the plasma still wept in a few spots and I was concerned about infection setting in. Its drying out but those scabs still look ugly. This is my 2nd tattoo and my top half sleeve was with the same artist and it turned out extremely well. I've employed the same aftercare from the 1st tattoo. I'm looking for some tips or pointers on some aftercare considerations. The forearm seems to be a tricky spot to tattoo at and it did feel a bit spicy for the first 3 days after my tattoo session.

I'll turn it over to the tattoo community, and thanks!

16 days.JPG

Edited by Gear_Head
update

Forearm is a tough spot IMO. Had that done just recently and I have a few spots that wept few days longer than expected but has now dried out. I used the same process as I did for my top half of my sleeve and the finished ink looks badass. I think my most recent piece has two factors:

1. Location as you mentioned Marley Mission

2. The amount of under tones of black before sold color shading.

The middle of my forearm got spicy on me. That area was tough and is still scabbed up; however, the rest looks great. I'm excited to have it soften up and as tattoos continued to heal up.. some spots take in the ink better than other spots. The more work your artist spends time in can get spicy.

From my experience the best factors for healing have been that balance of air drying and moisture. To much in either direction is bad.

Anyone have any tough spots that caught you by surprise and or had to change up your normal routine for healing?

I'm excited as the journey continues this week on the back side of my forearm!

All the best to the Tattoo Community!

Hello!
I won't worry, just wait for it to heal. If you're doing the right healing process (washing it twice a day and keeping it moisturized, but not too much, just a thin layer, and don't let your tattoo to touch anything dirty) it will heal okay. If not, there's nothing to do, just retouch it.

Anyway, I guess it will heal okay.

My tattoo artist told me that he experienced some customers with infected tattoos and then when the tattoo was healed it was 100% okay and the ink was just perfect.

So don't worry about your tattoo before it's 100% healed.

Naiemh,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you. My top half of my sleeve healed extremely well but despite that for whatever reason(s): ink accidently got pulled out, ink not taking to the skin or any other reason, I had to get small touch ups. The forearm session spent doing black under tones prior to color going on top of it. The last hour of work did get spicy so my skin was angry at me for a few days after.

Thanks for reaching out and offering up a comment or two.

Most of all thanks for supporting the tattoo community!

I agree with that.

It's in eye sight on the regular so I'm constantly judging it.

I just need to respect the healing process and let it be.

Its good to know that someone else has experienced a similar outcome from getting their forearm tattooed.

Thanks for letting me know.

@Faust I did 2 days ago and I am doing a Rx of antibiotics, x2 dosages a day. I'm on my second day of antibiotics and I've started to see an improvement. As you can tell I have just 2 locations that the plasma had a hard time clearing up and some of it got trapped under the scabs as they formed. Before I went to the Dr.'s I cut back on the number of times washing and the amount of after care product and let the tattoo air dry. I have seen a large improvement in just 2 days. Keep me posted on how you're outcome is going for you.

@Sarahwhite Very cool!.., are the out comes favorable? I've been good about air drying, and decreasing moisture care, and I keep it clean. I'm on a Rx so it's been helping. I have a half sleeve already and my aftercare went fantastic on that. My 2nd tattoo is on my inner forearm and its been tough on me on a few spots. Thanks for you're insight!

@Faust Checking in with how your tattoo is healing up. Mine is getting better daily.

Tattoo Nation I came across a product that is worth looking into for tattoo after care.

It's called Mudscupper's All Natural Tattoo Balm. It's proven to moisturize, effective anti inflamitory, anti fungal and reverses any bad germs that lands on your new ink. It's work a look.

@marley mission that I have but this balm and Rx is clearing it up nicely. My prior tattoos I never had a problem and honestly if I didn't step in to clear it up it I feel like the problem wouldn't have resolved itself. The balm gives the right amount of moister to my healing tattoo plus it's 100% all natural ingredients. Might help for some folks so I figure I'd pass it along to the community.