Demagnetizing your tattoo machine's frame...

slowburn369

Does anyone know if an electric demagnetizer would work to demagnetize my machine's frame after it has been affected by a long session? (the kind you may use to demagnetize tools and such)... or would running it over a demagnetizer damage the coils (due to the use of magnetic wire)??? I thought, if there is no damage done, this may be a rather easy solution to this "problem"... If you have any info on this matter, PLEASE let me know so I don't have to waste my time, my money (buying a demagnetizer), and/or damage a couple machines or sets of coils trying it for myself... Thanks!

They really don't like discussion of the craft here. But, as a non-tattoo artist I'll suggest trying holding your machine (unplugged) up to the center of the screen of an old NEC CRT and turning the monitor on. They had a healthy degauss coil that briefly energized every time you turned it on.

EXUME... unfortunately my "mentor" is dead... plus a lot of these old school guys aren't into the deep technical aspects. A couple old-timers I've asked already looked at me puzzled and said "we never worried about stuff like that", or " I never even heard of that..." type of thing...

seems you have no answer for me either...

PIDJONES... I appreciate your suggestion... although it seems to be a fair amount of trouble finding an old CRT monitor, I will keep it in mind. I was just hoping someone could tell me from personal experience, rather than blindly trying it and possibly damaging my coils... I'm sure you understand. I do appreciate your seemingly educated suggestion, though. Thanks!

Edited by slowburn369
typo

slowburn the drift your not catching is that the subject of tattooing in the technical and professional areas is generally frowned upon here

not that your question isnt interesting or important i think it probably is

but its just not a discussion that will be entertained in these forum sections 

anyway - its a cool site - lots to enjoy 

good luck in addressing your questions hope you find the answers that bring you success

Edited by marley mission