best artist in the country for my idea

j144

hey guys I’m in the process of removing my current tattoos now and this time I’m going to get a full sleeve on my right arm and chest. i want the piece to basically be a depiction of martial law and big pharma and banking cartels and conspiracies with drones, surveillance cameras and all that type of stuff and I’m looking for the best artist in the country, whatever state doesn’t matter and what they charge doesn’t matter. I’m want it to be black and grey realism. any suggestions or instagram links are appreciated. thanks

1 hour ago, SStu said:

There is no 1 "best" realism artist in the country (U.S.?). There are dozens of excellent ones. Some of the best have 2-3 year waitlists . . .

yeah usa and i suppose but thats why i put up my ideas... so people could decide from that who could potentially be the best match for me. and 2-3 year waitlist sound like prima donnas. i talked to carlos torres assistant through email and he's only booked through 2016 but open for 2017 and he's got over 400k followers

So, if someone has a 2 year wait list, it's because they think they are better than they are? Doesn't mean they really are a great artist? What do you think 2 years worth of clients are waiting for? It's not a subpar artist. You don't think they are worth it, that's fine, don't ask for the best then.

yeah usa and i suppose but thats why i put up my ideas... so people could decide from that who could potentially be the best match for me. and 2-3 year waitlist sound like prima donnas. i talked to carlos torres assistant through email and he's only booked through 2016 but open for 2017 and he's got over 400k followers

He is definitely one of the best. If you can get in to see him in 2017 you'd better consider taking it.

On May 12, 2016 at 8:22 PM, jen7 said:

Sorry, the black and grey realism guy I use is apparently a prima donna so....

On May 12, 2016 at 11:38 PM, zombae8723 said:

So, if someone has a 2 year wait list, it's because they think they are better than they are? Doesn't mean they really are a great artist? What do you think 2 years worth of clients are waiting for? It's not a subpar artist. You don't think they are worth it, that's fine, don't ask for the best then.

you both sound awfully upset. probably because you have lazy tattoo artists that books 1 appointment a week so you gotta wait 2 years to have him. if you don't have links then why comment?

On May 12, 2016 at 9:17 AM, SStu said:

He is definitely one of the best. If you can get in to see him in 2017 you'd better consider taking it.

yeah but i was thinking about it and it seems like he's more into like doing womans faces and animals, you think his creative style would be good for what I'm trying to do?

36 minutes ago, j144 said:

you both sound awfully upset. probably because you have lazy tattoo artists that books 1 appointment a week so you gotta wait 2 years to have him. if you don't have links then why comment?

easy brutha - you just got into town here

lots of good info here for you

but if you come out swinging 

you wont get much help here

On 5/11/2016 at 3:40 PM, j144 said:

well that sounds great with Carlos Torres for sure ! and you wanting a  smaller arm/chest piece is cool too !

because,

you will only need $5 or $6 thousand and maybe get it done in only 5 or 6 sessions !

Edited by Dan

11 hours ago, j144 said:

yeah but i was thinking about it and it seems like he's more into like doing womans faces and animals, you think his creative style would be good for what I'm trying to do?

I have work from Carlos and he can definitely do what you want. It's funny you would even question his creativity. You can also try to get in with Victor Portugal since he comes to the states more often. Also like I mentioned on the other forum, Josh Duffy would kill that also.

On May 15, 2016 at 8:21 PM, MoistTowelette said:

I have work from Carlos and he can definitely do what you want. It's funny you would even question his creativity. You can also try to get in with Victor Portugal since he comes to the states more often. Also like I mentioned on the other forum, Josh Duffy would kill that also.

im not questioning his creativity I'm saying his work seems more geared/focused/best with animals and skeletons and humans and it seems like carlos is more into doing big pieces like a big horse or a big human instead of a bunch of smaller pieces on a sleeve, ya know? i like josh duffy though, i feel like he'd be great at coming up wit the design but it sucks because i like carlos realism better lol. the only thing that weird with carlos is it seems like he only posts like 1 piece a week on instagram. so it makes me wonder if he only posts his best work or if he actually only does like 1 piece a week. i was also looking at this kids work https://www.instagram.com/gabrielink_art/

On May 14, 2016 at 11:03 AM, jen7 said:

I am not upset, get over yourself.

"Sorry, the black and grey realism guy I use is apparently a prima donna so...." sounds upset to me and i am over myself, I'm not the one on other peoples threads making useless comments because I'm upset....

On May 14, 2016 at 0:14 PM, Dan said:

well that sounds great with Carlos Torres for sure ! and you wanting a  smaller arm/chest piece is cool too !

because,

you will only need $5 or $6 thousand and maybe get it done in only 5 or 6 sessions !

lol his secretary did say he charges 300/hour and on instagram he always says how slow he works

Welcomej144,

You seem to be a bit agressive off the bat. This is not a site where we really go for that. Chill out, look around, contact some artists. Good tattoos come to those who wait. If you just want to have a few people tell you what you already seem to be thinking, then I think you have your answer.

No one here has your tattoo, it seems pretty specific, so talk to those artist's helpers and see if they are into it. 

6 hours ago, mtlsam said:

Welcomej144,

You seem to be a bit agressive off the bat. This is not a site where we really go for that. Chill out, look around, contact some artists. Good tattoos come to those who wait. If you just want to have a few people tell you what you already seem to be thinking, then I think you have your answer.

No one here has your tattoo, it seems pretty specific, so talk to those artist's helpers and see if they are into it. 

How am i the aggressive one if i made a comment and 2 people came at ME and I'm responding to them with the same attitude they gave me?? and no i don't have the answer i just said i already know of carlos torres. all i was doing was just asking for an instagram link or something its not that serious 

8 hours ago, jen7 said:

If eye rolling means upset in your world, no wonder you are so jacked up dude.

i wouldn't think eye rolling was enough to leave a pointless comment. you could've just scrolled past and kept it moving

6 hours ago, MoistTowelette said:

Go to Niki Nor berg or Oscar Akremo. The end. Done with this thread.

damn i think oscar might be the guy, thanks. i have a question though... for someone like oscar do people ask for different styles from him? like i want a consistent life-like realism style so id just ask for that right? for example in the pics i posted notice how even in the same piece one musician to the right is way more realistic looking than the other? i find it odd that someone would want one part of a piece more realistic than that other... and notice how realistic the volkswagen and monkey is compared to the birds and street light at the top? or look how realistic the poppy plants are compared to the light bulb (it seems like in his newer photos this is the style he's been doing a lot)  and even the statue holding the globe is more of a cartoonish realism. ..sorry its a dumb question I'm just curious how it works

Edited by j144