Hello & Healing advice

Geeza

Hi all, 

Love reading the forum and watching the videos posted. One of my favourite was the interview with Chad Koeplinger.

I joined to get some help with a tattoo that has been healing for 4 weeks now, I've been keeping in clean and using After Inked on it. Ive had many tattoos and many by this artist with now problems before. The lines are raised in 80% of the tattoo and they look like they have a scab. Any thoughts? 

Many thanks 

IMG_9409.jpg

That looks fine to me. Consider it takes a full 6 weeks to heal a tattoo. 

I don't see any scabbing at all. Just the texture of your skin in the lines, which in my opinion, looks pretty normal. Different spots on the body heal at different rates, plus your body heals differently depending on your overall health at the time. 

I bet the lines calm down soon and the raised look will subside over the next few weeks. It looks like the tattooer purposely made some lines thicker than others. 

Relax. If there was something really wrong, I think it would have manifested itself a few weeks ago. 

Thanks for the reply. Those thick lines are raised like they have a scab. Thats whats weird to me. 

5 minutes ago, Rob I said:

That looks fine to me. Consider it takes a full 6 weeks to heal a tattoo. 

I don't see any scabbing at all. Just the texture of your skin in the lines, which in my opinion, looks pretty normal. Different spots on the body heal at different rates, plus your body heals differently depending on your overall health at the time. 

I bet the lines calm down soon and the raised look will subside over the next few weeks. It looks like the tattooer purposely made some lines thicker than others. 

Relax. If there was something really wrong, I think it would have manifested itself a few weeks ago. 

I don't see scabs. I see skin healing and starting to settle. Tattoos look weird when they are healing and some look weirder than others.  Those are pretty thick lines. May take a bit to settle. 

Its so easy to get freaked out by a healing tattoo. We all do it. Try and relax and I am sure everything will turn out well.