Hello

agadan93

Hey man, welcome to the forum!
Where in Italy are you located? If you're north I'd definitely suggest going to Inkamatic in Trieste.

Both Dane Mancini and Giacomo Sei Dita are amazing artists, and fun dudes to hang out with.

Do you have tattoo's allready or are you looking into getting your first?

33 minutes ago, ChrisvK said:

Hey man, welcome to the forum!
Where in Italy are you located? If you're north I'd definitely suggest going to Inkamatic in Trieste.

Both Dane Mancini and Giacomo Sei Dita are amazing artists, and fun dudes to hang out with.

Do you have tattoo's allready or are you looking into getting your first?

Hello, I'm from Turin, very far from Trieste ! Anyway, I've got this tattoo on my arm:

tattoo.png

How can I continue my arm, in your opinion?

Edited by agadan93

Ciao e benvenuto da Palermo :D.

Starting from your tattoo, I'd do a cartoon/Disney arm, probably getting several different characters I like and then tying them together with filler tattoos/background when there's no space left for decent size pieces. That's if you're going for a cohesive sleeve look. I don't actually mind separate smallish tattoos on the arm either, it's really up to your personal preference.

Ciao e benvenuto sul forum!

I'm from Trieste and will get a tattoo from Dane at Inkamatic studio in like a month. I'm usper excited about it!

I think that around the goofy image you should do something totally different like a mandala or an asian pattern in order to create a background to that tattoo.

Thanks everybody for your advice.

I'll explain my idea to continue the tattoo: I want to add these two elements on my arm: 

http://s33.postimg.org/eyyl0hb4f/7381344c_2de9_4667_98f2_58a149d3a923.png 

http://s33.postimg.org/ya6t5813j/f307be36_e334_4ffe_b326_cbdb7a430689.png 

The final result could be like this:
http://s33.postimg.org/wvjh53l3j/c3f2c2fc_accb_45e4_92ac_8f9f171cc6ef.png 

Do you think that is it good? I've got some doubts about the shade: I don't know if doing the cloud near to the Goofy's sweater(without shade), or doing the cloud separated from the Goofy's sweater (with an orange/red shade, that can tying with the Goofy's sweater). What do you think about this?

Moreover I don't know if doing one or two clouds

I hope to receive some advice. Thanks :)

@agadan93 I like the idea of adding something under Goofy since I think at the moment the tattoo sort of cuts off quite abruptly. That said I personally feel like Goofy's upper body cruising around on a cloud risks to look a little weird if you know what I mean, though a good artist may be able to pull it off beautifully.

Also, I really liked what @jadore suggested, a cool mandala or some sort of pattern with a totally different kind of style as a background. Obviously only you can decide what to do, since your tattoo should cater to your personal taste. I'd talk about it with the artist you are intending to use, usually they are willing to help you with the overall design & have a good eye for what will work and what won't.

23 minutes ago, Kurgana said:

@agadan93 I like the idea of adding something under Goofy since I think at the moment the tattoo sort of cuts off quite abruptly. That said I personally feel like Goofy's upper body cruising around on a cloud risks to look a little weird if you know what I mean, though a good artist may be able to pull it off beautifully.

Also, I really liked what @jadore suggested, a cool mandala or some sort of pattern with a totally different kind of style as a background. Obviously only you can decide what to do, since your tattoo should cater to your personal taste. I'd talk about it with the artist you are intending to use, usually they are willing to help you with the overall design & have a good eye for what will work and what won't.

15 minutes ago, oboogie said:

I am not really sure about half a body on a cloud ... I'd reconsider and build out a sleeve. I'm not really into Disney, but if that's what you like, built it out with more characters.

I don't like mandala and I don't want to get more characters!

I'm in love with this kind of tattoos:

http://postimg.org/image/oq1jhx1m3/

Does it match with Goofy, the clouds and the balloon?

Edited by agadan93

Just now, agadan93 said:

Yes I know, but the style and the color are similar, isn't it? 

It doesn't look similar to me at all. You are posting a photo of a full sleeve and comparing it to a half-body Goofy, a balloon, and a cloud. There is nothing to compare. 

You just want a balloon, a half a Goofy, and a cloud on your arm? Is that it? Nothing else?

1 minute ago, oboogie said:

It doesn't look similar to me at all. You are posting a photo of a full sleeve and comparing it to a half-body Goofy, a balloon, and a cloud. There is nothing to compare. 

You just want a balloon, a half a Goofy, and a cloud on your arm? Is that it? Nothing else?

Now I've got Goofy on my arm. In 10 days I'll have the cloud (or the clouds) and a balloon. I would some advice or suggestions!

I just don't know what you are trying to do. Are you going for some kind of surrealist Disney mutilation scene?

Again, half a body sitting on a cloud with a random balloon in the vicinity is confusing and weird. If that's what you are going for, then good luck. I have no idea how to help. You have rejected every suggestion and haven't helped us understand what you are going for here. It's difficult to help when we have no idea what you are trying to achieve.

5 minutes ago, oboogie said:

I just don't know what you are trying to do. Are you going for some kind of surrealist Disney mutilation scene?

Again, half a body sitting on a cloud with a random balloon in the vicinity is confusing and weird. If that's what you are going for, then good luck. I have no idea how to help. You have rejected every suggestion and haven't helped us understand what you are going for here. It's difficult to help when we have no idea what you are trying to achieve.

One of the options is doing the cloud(or the clouds) far away from the goofy's sweater (2-3 centimetres under goofy) and doing an orange and red shade, that can tying with the Goofy's sweater

@agadan93 definitely something you should discuss with your artist like marley mission said. I actually think your Goofy would be great in a sleeve like the one you posted (and no, it's not really considered the same style at all but some mash ups do work great, subject to the artist's ability and vision of course). I like weird stuff though and some tattoo purists would probably consider it an abomination :), but your body, your tattoo! Not sure if I like the balloon and the cloud in this kind of a context, at least in the style the images you posted were, but the background/filler type cloud in the sleeve you posted could work better?

If you are thinking of building up a sleeve but are not completing it straight away, you really need to think what elements/images you want to include before filling up valuable space, and most people would get those before connecting the single tattoos with the background/filler. 

Who is your artist? I'm also getting a new one on the 10th, can't wait!

i like the goofy tattoo

i have my share of questionable content :) in my tattoos

but i also feel like ...do you really wanna build a whole sleeve around a tattoo thats....well...goofy -- no offense

why the need to add to it

like... why not get another tattoo somewhere elsewhere on your body

and go from there

If you aren't wanting any more Disney characters, then maybe think of something else bright and fun (thinking of that sleeve you posted, I think that is what you were linking.. the bright colours??)

If you are set on having a balloon, just get a balloon tattoo and make it its own. Something bright and fun? I don't know...

But definitely discuss it all with the artist.

Maybe leave it for now and do what Marley Mission said and get something else somewhere else. After a while an idea might come to you on what else to put with Goofy

Thanks everybody to your suggestion, but I'm rather sure to get the cloud (or the clouds) under Goofy and the balloon above him. In my opinion they match very well. Maybe in the future I'll do a colored feather near to Goofy, such as this:

https://www.google.it/search?q=piuma+cartoon+tattoo&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiwlP6bg4TNAhXIyRQKHenNCSQQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=feather+tattoo+man&imgrc=QHW0a7GzGDxckM%3A

(it's the first feather I've found on google, I don't like it )

@agadan93 nice! 

Since you are "sold" on the cloud(s) + balloon I guess I'd personally prefer more than one cloud. I have always been really happy with any changes my artists have suggested after hearing about my idea so I'd be open to that if he has anything to say about the design. 

Be sure to post some pics of your new tattoos once you get them!

Personally I'm not very into Disney and this kind of style and cartoons-like tattoos, but I think you should hear your artist's advice. I guess you might run the risk to end up with a bunch of different objects which don't relate to each other. Would you do the cloud and the baloon similar to the Disney style of drawing?

I know that tattoo is a very personal and subjective thing, but I'm afraid it might end as one of those kind of tattoo you might not like in like 5 or 10 years...just my 2 cents on this topic!