Hi!

MHossain

Hello everyone, nice to join your community. I'm a 24 year old working in Scarborough, Toronto, ON. I have 4 tattoos in total so I'm pretty new to all this aha but I'm glad I joined your community. Hope to be able to share my tats in the future and see what you all have to offer :)

I have a question I hope you guys could help me with. I got my 4th tattoo a month+1 week ago and it was my largest yet (pic in link below). First time going to this artist, was recommended by one of my closest friends. He did a great job, but now I'm a little concerned.

If you look at the pictures in the link below, you'll see the fresh tat, and what it looks like now below it. Needless to say it looks rough. I'm wondering if this is still healing or is there something wrong. Theres a silver ish film over it that really distorts the color and the detail. Its smudgy mostly though in some places I can spot detail just poking through the flesh/ I went through my usual aftercare and yes I've already went through the scar stage and the peeling stage, this is whats left. Is there another peeling stage yet to come?All my other tats were much smaller than this but healed almost fully after two week. My artist took a look and said i should still healing and if it still like this after another month, come back for a free touchup. I would have went already if I hadn't read that going for a touchup too soon could make it even worse. What do you guys think? Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and found nothing about the silver stage lasting longer than a month.

https://imgur.com/a/qgS07

Artist is Ragurum from Black Could Tattoo, just east of DT Toronto. cool guy, cool place, great work. Check out their site and make an appointment (private studio) and follow him @gatordontplaynogames

Yup, showed him a pic. He asked if it was still shiny and I said yes, and he said in that case it's still healing. I have a trip to thailand next week for 2 weeks so I can't get it retouched now anyway, but he said if it's still like that afterwards then I should come for a full touch up. I'm just curious cause I see different takes on it online. I've read forum posts where people say their tats have taken >1 month to heal but they didn't comment on how it looked during that stage.

hey there welcome aboard.

yikes could be the photo but your tattoo looks faded, very scabby and irritated. nothing you can do now, just let your body do its thing and heal itself, try not to stress out. healing can take a couple weeks (superficially) to heal but usually at least 6 weeks before it is healed inside/out. hopefully it will be fine for you.

the only time i've had heals look that rough and scabbed were on my hands which are notorious for being difficult to heal. i wouldn't expect a bicep to look like that unless the skin got overworked.

be careful in thailand with sun exposure with a fresh tattoo. I would be straight up covering it with clothing and not putting too much sunscreen, especially if it looks like that. it may irritate further.

Hey! Ya the lighting in the photo is horrible, it actually is a bit darker than that.

There is actually no irritation at all. There are some parts of it that seem healed, nice black shows through, but most is covered by an almost-white layer of skin. Its very uneven in opacity. Is this what you're referring to as "very scabby?". When I think "scab" I think of the initial stage where the skin falls off all crusty and hard aha.

Ya thailand I plan on being covered mostly. Sucks but have to endure it.

The second pic leaves a lot to be desired (would like to see more images of the tattoo in its current state)... however to my amateur eye, it looks like your tattoo is forming a huge layer of scar tissue over the tattoo. Did this guy drill into you? Or is the picture not accurate?

The current state is the same as how it is in the picture. To be honest the tattoo didn't hurt much at all, in comparison to the ones on my ribs. Sigh I was hoping this is just slow healing but it seems like more of a scarring issue. I wasn't sure if it was a scar because the skin isn't raised at all. I'm gonna go for a touch up when I get back from my trip. Thank you all for your input.

Edited by MHossain