What's your price for a company tattoo logo?

Lochlan

The time has come where large companies are offering discounts to people who get their logos tattooed on them. I have heard of this before and know a few restaurants who offer deals if you have their logo tattooed but larger companies are catching on. This is a whole new level of "branding". We've seen the kids who get payed to be the billboard for companies plus some others but now Ecko clothing offers the below quoted section.

I guess everyone or almost everyone has a price, so what's yours? Would you ever consider a companies logo tattooed on you? How much? Would it be an upfront payment or lifetime discount or??????? Do you already have one, pls tell.......

Ecko Offers 20 Percent Off For Life For Anyone Who Gets Tattoo Of Its Logo

First Posted: 04/4/11 08:26 AM ET Updated: 04/ 4/11 09:18 AM ET

We keep waiting for this to be a dubbed an April Fool's Day joke, but we're four days in with no signs of letting up.

Ecko Unlimited, purveyors of t-shirts, denim, track jackets, polos, sneakers and more; best-known for its ad campaigns featuring Lindsay Lohan and Vanessa Hudgens, is offering a 20 percent discount off its wares for life to anyone who gets a tattoo of the label's rhino or shears logo.

Hold that tat machine...only 20 percent?

Lesson to be learned here: even if you go so far as to literally brand yourself, you'll spend the rest of your days buying $29.50 hoodies for $23.60 to cover up that bad decision on your arm.

But do let us know if you go through with it. Huffington Post

I can be guilty of getting a company logo tattooed on me. Although it wasn't because I would receive money for advertisement or a discount with future purchases. It may seem stupid but this logo had some importance to me and I thought about it for 2 years before I got it, was also my first tattoo. So with that in mind, getting a logo just cause you will get a discount seems kinda stupid, but eh if you want the logo on you go a head. You could also always get a cover up once you drift outa that brand. Mine I have had for 4 years now, not planning on getting it covered up. Actually I'm thinking of a way to incorporate it into a larger tattoo chest/squid sleeve.

But to answer seriously, I dont think I could bring myself to get a companies logo in the small amount of space I actually have left unless it was a ridiculous amount of money. Defiantly nothing super visible. On the other hand, I do enjoy money, and I guess it really wouldnt matter with how much coverage I actually do have.

logo tattoos are normally a bad idea in general. companies, bands, whatev. tastes and opinions change over time.

• 1 month later...

I got the logo for Hot Doug's in Chicago tattooed on me so me and my guests can eat free for life. The design is funny enough to blend in with the rest of my tattoos so it was really a no brainer. I have a couple of designs from Craft beer companies that I enjoy tattooed on me but again I liked the designs and Had them redrawn and turned into a tattoo.

I don't think I could get a logo if I didn't like the design or couldn't turn it in to a decent tattoo.