I hate summer :(

Dan

5 hours ago, Benjamin97 said:

In arizona IT has reached over 115 already :(

:( I know !                       I saw scottsdale was going to be 120 the other day !

Edited by Dan

I adore summer. I grew up in Texas and for a large part of my career worked outside. For a ginger, I do the heat very well. Now that I live in Pittsburgh, I cherish every day over 80 degrees! I'd so rather be hot than cold. I guess that I should add that even during the summer I hit the steam room three times a week.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 2:40 PM, Gingerninja said:

I adore summer. I grew up in Texas and for a large part of my career worked outside. For a ginger, I do the heat very well. Now that I live in Pittsburgh, I cherish every day over 80 degrees! I'd so rather be hot than cold. I guess that I should add that even during the summer I hit the steam room three times a week.

I'm on the other side of PA - close to Scranton. I love the hot weather - and hate air conditioning. We built our house where we almost always get a breeze, with lots of windows and doors....and no air conditioning. Even on the most humid of nights, sleeping under a ceiling fan is heavenly.

I am in the camp of no AC and no forced air heating, but that's what we've got now. I spent my early adulthood in S. Florida and I had no AC in my house or car for 10 years, and didn't find I needed it, but I lived a few blocks from the ocean and the breeze was always there. I didn't have AC growing up in Virginia and DID want it, lol. If I could get my husband on board I'd ditch the AC/heat pump, but he grew up in Phoenix and feels like he has never "dried out" since living in the humid swamp that is Virginia with me, and is addicted to AC. 

The summers are WAY worse up here than they ever were in S. Florida. Hint: S. Florida is a ghost town in the summer and the weather is much better than it is up north, so take your vacations there, folks. Humidity about 60%, temps around 90 during the day, a good storm blows through late afternoon and cools things right down, no mosquitoes - AHHHHHHH. Plus it is cheap and no tourists getting in your way. Sign me up. 

18 minutes ago, oboogie said:

Have I mentioned how much  I hate summer and how much I love AC? No? :-)

What? I had no idea! :6_smile:

I have to say, though, where you live it is effing HARD CORE summer. Not for pussies. My complaints about humidity and oppressive, cloying, blah blah here in VA can compare, actually. 

When we went to visit my husband's family in Phoenix in August thought it was an eye opener for me. People can frickin die. Actually, I had to keep my eyes closed, because my body does not make moisture, because all my life the environment provides more than enough in the air, and my mucous membranes don't actually know how to produce it on their own. I went out there and got schooled. 

You can keep our winter down there if you'd like! We lived in northern VA for about 8 years and rarely used the AC in our house.

We didn't put any central air or forced air heating in the house when we built it - our heating is all radiant heating with lines embedded in lightweight concrete under our floors. It is amazing - clean and constant. The only downside is that you can't just walk in and turn the thermostat up if you're cold. It takes a while to push the temp up. But, that's why they made sweatshirts! :1_grinning:

Wow guys, and I've been complaining about the heat here over the past couple of weeks (no beach/swimming either 'cause I got tattooed a month ago and the husband is going in next week - kids are not very pleased with us at the moment). I don't "do" over 35 c (95 f) and that's pretty much what we are likely to see till the end of August at least. Now I'm kind of happy I'm not where you live though! We do get some days each year at 105ish but happily not that many, it's certainly bad enough for me (it's humid here as well so not a nice feeling at all).

8 minutes ago, Devious6 said:

... But, that's why they made sweatshirts! :1_grinning:

Yep. I have definitely become my parents. "Put on a sweater!" comes out of my mouth to my kids without me even thinking about it! When I feel warm air flowing out of those vents in the winter all I see is dollar bills...

I like all of the seasons, just hate snow and ice. I guess summer is my favorite since I get the most motorcycle riding in, but Spring and Fall riding are usually more enjoyable. The only summer that I hated was the one I spent in upstate New York. Nothing was air conditioned and we couldn't even find a fan to buy (all sold out) back in '73.

5 hours ago, pidjones said:

I like all of the seasons, just hate snow and ice. I guess summer is my favorite since I get the most motorcycle riding in, but Spring and Fall riding are usually more enjoyable. The only summer that I hated was the one I spent in upstate New York. Nothing was air conditioned and we couldn't even find a fan to buy (all sold out) back in '73.

I love winter,spring,& fall,they are beautiful here.I love the cold rainy season here.

Edited by Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...