I hate summer :(

Dan

Ooooh, I love the hot weather. Of course, we rarely get days above the low 90s here in the Northeast - but deal with humidity. When we built our home, we opted not to put air conditioning in it - just lots of windows and doors. We almost always have a breeze and even in the high humidity, sleeping under a ceiling fan is heaven. The only change now, after getting my tattoo, is that I have to watch my tanning so laying in the sun is now changed.

We have 115-degree days here plus major humidity. Living without air conditioning is not an option. You would actually die from heat stroke—people do every year. This may explain why I HATE SUMMER.

Edited by oboogie

Lynn and I both hate AC - even when we lived in Northern VA we rarely used it. Generally, we turned it on for visitors. :1_grinning:  The only Heat Pump we have is for the pool.

The house is heated using a radiant heat system that uses a boiler to heat water and then push it through lines in the floor. It is a nice steady heat source without drafts or dust. The only downside is that you can't adjust the temp upward quickly if you are cold.

crap ! sophistre ! that sucks,

and oboogie and polliwog ,I love my central AC,it costs a lot to run it,but it sure is worth it,we only have this bad heat for a month or two a year,and it's not constant like that,

we get an onshore breeze that's called the "delta breeze" that cools down the area,as you can see nature's AC is coming this week fortunately

forecast.jpg

and DeVious6,I could never hate my AC LOL

2 hours ago, SStu said:

No agreement here. Having grown up in Buffalo, and lived the last (almost) 40 years down South - I much prefer a purging sweat to a bone-chilling cold.

If you have proper winter gear, bone-chilling cold is okay.  Those -40 days are brutal, sure, but there aren't many of them in a year.  They can be endured.

Whereas with the heat there's only so much you can take off before you start getting into reverse Hellraiser territory.

Summer is definitely my least favorite season.  I like warm (even hot) sunny days like we're experiencing now, but once the real summer humidity kicks in, that's just the worst.  My wife is about the opposite though - she would take a vacation any time to Haiti, the DR, or Jamaica, while I would choose Iceland over all of those.

Autumn > Winter > Spring > Summer  imo.

1 hour ago, dcostello said:

It got to like 80 in Oakland yesterday.

We have had a rough go of it.  God forbid it gets to 85-90.

crazy weather today ! it's only going to be 72 here today ! LOL  then back to triple digits by monday. :(

I lived in hayward for a few years in the early 90's,love the east bay.

and I lived in San mateo and near geary & 25th in the city for a few years in the late 70's early 80's.

Edited by Dan

I love the heat and humidity. Nothing suits me more than hiking up and down city streets in 90 degree weather. I like A/C at home, but can live without it. I'm also sympathetic to everyone who doesn't like it, and as @oboogie   pointed out it can be very dangerous for some. On the hottest days we used to check in on our elderly friends and relatives. @Graeme is right too about the coldest days up here. There are only a few that are truly brutal, and if you are well-dressed for it, it can be quite a nice experience.                     

It was hot and humid here yesterday. After worl, Lynn and I went out and finished putting up the fencing around her flower garden - just short of 300 yards of fencing - then went out and crewed for a hot air balloon flight. We got home about 8:45 and went down and jumped in the pool to cool off - water temp was 82 deg. Aaaaahhhhh. I love this weather.

14 hours ago, Devious6 said:

It was hot and humid here yesterday. After worl, Lynn and I went out and finished putting up the fencing around her flower garden - just short of 300 yards of fencing - then went out and crewed for a hot air balloon flight. We got home about 8:45 and went down and jumped in the pool to cool off - water temp was 82 deg. Aaaaahhhhh. I love this weather.

That sounds like an ideal day. Nice.