22 years and now I'm allergic?

adrian lacey

Hello Good people!

I have been getting ink off and on since 1994.  However, I had a reaction @ 2006 (requiring antibiotics) and didn't get anymore again until 2009 and had zero problems.  Now again in December of 2015 I had a very infected arm that turned  into a full blown, weeping skin infection that needed antibiotics and prednisone. I decided to try one more time this past week and while it didn't turn into weeping skin this time, something is still amiss.  My artist is great, clean, follows all the procedures and several friends have been to see her.  Is it probable that over time ( I am now turning forty) that my body just doesn't want to accept the ink or is there something I can do?  I'd love to continue getting ink as I see fit, but not at the risk of needing antibiotics.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!! 

The attached pic was from December. Swollen,weeping and obviously infected.  I've always followed cleaning and care procedures, which is why I'm perplexed.IMG_5418.JPG