orange vs green tattoo

Faolan

I'm working on a tattoo with leaves and am trying to decide on the colors, I'm either going for a fall orange and yellow theme, or green. what are the advantages and disadvantages of each color? 

Well, if you like green, that's an advantage to getting them green. If you like orange, getting them orange would be an advantage. 

I think I've read that yellow is one of the faster fading colors, but with proper contrast, you still shouldn't need a touch up for many years at least. So it really doesn't make much difference. Kind of depends on what other colors are going in the tattoo, imo. Any progress pics?

Talk to your artist about the colors you are considering.  Even if you are fair-skinned, some colors will not show up as well on people with yellow undertones versus red undertones.  Yellow could either be bright and pretty on you, or look like it is not there.  If you have other tattoos with those colors, that can guide your decision making further.

• 3 months later...

Greens will last longer and be more readable, because they contrast your skin tone (base tone color). Tattooing is like painting on a colored canvas, using washes, no matter how opaque the saturation seems, your skin has to hold it together, so some of your base color will alway effect the colors overtop an around it. Oranges fade rather quickly compared to other colors, and yellow will perceptually disappear with a slight tan. A Tattoo Artist with some wisdom will design the art to have enough contrast to even lose some ink and still look good overtime. FYI Albino is the best skin tone to tattoo but that is not an option to choose.

Just get the colors that make you happy and wear them out at your own pace. You are here for a good time, not a long time and all that!