Art Tattoo Montreal, September 9-11, 2016

@BrianH  Not that you asked for advice about how to feel better or anything but....  Get four bottles of echinacea tincture (preferably the root and aerial portions), take 1-2tsp every 2-3 hours for the next two days, then reduce to 1tsp every 6 hours for as many days as needed until you feel better plus an extra couple of days thereafter (you may need more than 4 bottles!).  If you feel warm and icky (ie you are hating on anything that makes you feel warmer), drink strong peppermint (hot, like 3-4 teabags per cup - steep for 20 mins covered before drinking) then get into warm covers to sweat it out.  If you feel cold/cool and icky (ie you can't stay warm enough), drink strong ginger (fresh grated, 1-2TB/mug, steeped for 20 mins covered) and also get into warm covers to sweat it out.  You can also use scallions for this purpose, same method of prep and sweating it out!  Once you are done sweating, have a bowl of soup (chicken, bone broth, miso, etc.) to help replenish your body.

Between the echinacea and the tea, you should be feeling a lot better soon!!!  In any event, I hope you feel better soon!!!!

Thanks @Graeme for brunch arrangements!

Bad news!  The brunch place I had in mind doesn't take reservations and because I have a really small window of time (my kid gets vaccinated at 9, I have a tattoo appointment at 11) I'm going to call the brunch off and suggest that maybe those of us going to the convention on Saturday try to grab a drink there?

2 hours ago, Graeme said:

Bad news!  The brunch place I had in mind doesn't take reservations and because I have a really small window of time (my kid gets vaccinated at 9, I have a tattoo appointment at 11) I'm going to call the brunch off and suggest that maybe those of us going to the convention on Saturday try to grab a drink there?

Your kid screws up brunch meetups like it's his job!  Two years in a row ;)

Saturday convention meetup it is.  Do we plan a time/place or just wing it? 

18 minutes ago, Shaun1105 said:

Your kid screws up brunch meetups like it's his job!  Two years in a row ;)

Saturday convention meetup it is.  Do we plan a time/place or just wing it? 

Let's wing it.  I'm getting tattooed at 11 and A. is getting tattooed at 3 so there will be a baby handoff happening sometime there and a lot depends on his mood/napping.  It's not his first convention though so hopefully he'll be okay.  I'm sure we can make some kind of hanging out and sharing tattoos and stories happen at some point.

2 hours ago, polliwog said:

I'll probably be hanging around most of the day Saturday so am game for meeting whenever. Is it worth checking out on Friday when things are a little quieter, too?

I enjoyed Friday night last year, but it was far from quiet! It was quite packed with a mega lineup to both buy tickets and get in the doors. The mad scramble for all the six pm appointment holders haha.

Yes @Graeme!!!  We definitely plan on heading back to Montréal.  Jason liked one of the tattooers that was there and has been scoping out their work online after spending time looking through their portfolio a few times.  Who knows, maybe he'll get tattooed at next year's convention?

Edited by Fala