Art Tattoo Montreal, September 9-11, 2016

• 5 weeks later...

Flying in from New Brunswick for this one! Basically hopping a plane after work on Saturday afternoon, spending a night and flying back after the con is over. Already booked a hannya on my arm from Dave Cummings, waiting on an email from Stace Forand for an oni on my knee, and hopefully a banger from Lucas Ford or Ryan Halter if I have time left. Going to try and grab some japanese refference from Gomineko as well.

My boyfriend and I are hoping to drive up at least one of the days from VT! Haven't booked with anyone yet, as I am waiting until my BF definitely has his passport (hate that they changed that law haha). But I keep seeing Jim Sylvia has time still... so tempting...

Anywho, if we do make it, would love to meet up with folks!

Edited by HaydenRose

6 minutes ago, lape said:

I'm trying to figure out if I have the money for it, flying domestic in Canada is stupid expensive. I can get from Vancouver to NYC for less than to Montreal...

No kidding. Flying to Calgary from NB is more expensive than to England. Dont even get me started on Canada Post prices...

Welp.. I just lose my job as of today due to a lack of upcoming project. If I dont find another quick i'll have to cancel my appointment :(

(If anyone has info about a job in engineering firm in montreal for a mechanical technician pm me hahahha)

Edited by Mushu

I'm going to suggest a Saturday pre-convention brunch as an LST meetup if anybody is interested.  I have an appointment right when the convention opens at 11, and my kid has an appointment for a vaccination in the morning, so it will have to be early-ish, like 9-9:30 near my place, which is a quick metro ride away (about ten minutes) from the convention.  Let me know if you're interested and I'll make a group reservation.

We can always grab a drink or a coffee at the convention too.

14 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I'm going to suggest a Saturday pre-convention brunch as an LST meetup if anybody is interested.  I have an appointment right when the convention opens at 11, and my kid has an appointment for a vaccination in the morning, so it will have to be early-ish, like 9-9:30 near my place, which is a quick metro ride away (about ten minutes) from the convention.  Let me know if you're interested and I'll make a group reservation.

We can always grab a drink or a coffee at the convention too.

Wish I could attend, but my plane arrives Saturday at 7:00 Pm. Sounds like it would be fun, tho!

Getting a bunch of prints made to trade/gift to people at the con. Already set up a trade with Horitsuki Dust Wu. Very pumped.

Also made an appointment with Darryl Hart for a nurse on my calve right after I get off the plane on Saturday night. Then getting a huge piece by Dave the next morning, and after that I have about 4 hours to fuck around and look at booths. Might get a couple 1 hour bangers if I feel like it. 

Edit: so turns out he can get the nurse done in an hour and a half, because hes a madman, so we're going to put these eyeball hellspawn on my leg somewhere also. R8 stoked.

Screenshot_2016-08-30-07-54-20.png

Screenshot_2016-09-03-11-04-21.png

Edited by a_beukeveld

7 hours ago, BrianH said:

I feel a cold slowly developing... this is going to make driving 5 hours then getting tattooed for 4-5 hours more fun...

I've been terrified of this all week--surrounded by sick customers and a sick co-worker. There's a tea called Throat Coat that really helps with that gross first-days-of-a-cold feeling...