New user looking for some advice

Dylan.H

Hello everyone, I came here to hopefully find some good advice on a tattoo that I have. It is my first and only tattoo currently that I got some years back and was just looking for some advice on how to improve the tattoo and how to fix a few things. I was young and was just caught up in the tattoo hype and the artist didn't do that great of a job to boot. Now onto the advice I am looking for, the lines are blown out and aren't that good of a line job in the first place and I was also hoping to maybe get some ideas to help make it look a bit better than it currently does other than getting the lines redone.

Writing is blanked out for personal, but left some uncovered to show what it is like.

lIiutF3.jpg

That's rough and a lot of solid black. I think with at least a couple sessions of lasering you could get a really nice cover up though. Laser might sound scary but it's come a long way as far as effectiveness and pricing. Alternately, you could just chalk this up as a life experience, and get better tattoos everywhere else to distract from this one. Either way, this time do more research into your artist, maybe we could offer suggestions if you give us an idea where you're based.

Cool profile pic. :10_wink:

He seemed to have done fine on my buddies tattoo that he did before so I'm not too sure what happened. I am based in Niagara falls Canada. 

Yeah I wasn't looking into the whole cover up because I know how much work and pain that would be. Currently do not have the money for laser. Was looking for maybe idea of something I could add, a background, colour or something.

Thanks, not sure if sarcasm because of the winky face.

If you added a background or something to it I think you'd run the risk of still having something you were unhappy with and facing having a larger area to get lasered. Personally I'd save for the laser even if its going to take a while and get an awesome cover-up that your 100% happy with.

Yeah I was thinking of getting a Norse themed sleeve  but maybe I'll just save up for laser and then use the sleeve on my leg for the cover up instead of getting it on my arm. Could use Yggdrasil (the tree of life) to cover up that spot.

On 6/22/2016 at 6:51 AM, Dylan.H said:

Thanks, not sure if sarcasm because of the winky face.

No, I sincerely do like it haha.

I still say laser it off if you really can't stand the sight of it. If you're okay with how it is but want to "fix it up" by adding stuff, I would suggest leaving it alone and laughing off a youthful mistake and just concentrating on tattoos elsewhere. Hardly ever is a tattoo improved by adding more stuff around it, it just draws more attention to it. Your idea of a Norse sleeve sounds cool and could make a good cover up if you do decide to lighten it up with laser.