My phoenix!

The problem to me is she was so certain that she knew better on virtually everything she posted about. People warned her about the size; she ignored them. They warned her about the lack of detail; she ignored that, too.

It isn't like she's been super friendly or responsive to anything anyone has written. Her tone has been accusatory and quite rude. If she had been friendly, that would be another matter. But she hasn't. She came to a place full of people with knowledge of expertise, then ignored what everyone said and did it anyway. If she likes it, that is  genuinely all that matters. But I can't not say that is a shit tattoo. It isn't a subjective thing. Her skin is chewed up on top of the fact that it's not very good. I find it quite sad, really. And the response at Big Planet was way harsher than anyone here. Agree to disagree, I guess. I doubt she'll be back.

Edited by oboogie

@Graeme, is that you?

But seriously having read through both threads we were way nicer than the folks on that other forum. I would never tell a person I just met that they have a bad tattoo but if you go online and ask a bunch of strangers what they think of your tattoo... Well you may not like the answer you get. Obviously she didn't know but like@Synesthesia said if she had just posted in the lowdown thread the silence would be deafening but no one would have said squat.

18 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I think too many people here are too invested in the tattoos other people get.  Could the OP have gotten a much better tattoo than the one she got given all the solid information that's here on this forum?  Absolutely.  I don't feel good about somebody coming here, posting about how much she loves her tattoo then people piling on her and shitting all over her.  She still has to live with that tattoo.  People are going to get better tattoos if they come here and are treated with kindness.  And I know that given my posting history I'm full of shit for saying this, but this thread bums me out.  

No one here was nasty to her, other than in the thread where she tried to say tattoos don't hurt and I admit I got a little hot headed about that, because it came off as show-offy and like she didn't have the experience to back it up. She came in here with this attitude that she was tougher than any of the rest of us with way less experience than most of us, and that rubbed me the wrong way. But I digress...

People tried to help her and with every turn, she acted like she already knew what she was doing and that begged the question of "why are you even here anyway then" on this and the Big Planet forum multiple times. The first post in response in this thread was just someone saying "hey, I don't like it, but great if you do." The harshest response in this thread was just people saying not to go back to that artist. Which is a solid recommendation, because this is a pretty poor tattoo. I think this girl has maybe some psychological issues or something where she thinks this is the best she deserves; she puts down other people as "snobs" for going to world renowned tattooers and is determined to stick with this guy. I also won't spoil where she lives, but it isn't exactly as small of a town as she makes it out to be, and she's VERY close to a lot of high quality artists. I hope she comes back someday because she could get some awesome tattoos with an attitude adjustment.

The funny thing about all this is, it isn't THAT bad of a tattoo. I've seen much worse. The issue here is usually people are humble about their shitty tattoos, and she still thinks it's great and we're all "haters."

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

I think too many people here are too invested in the tattoos other people get.  Could the OP have gotten a much better tattoo than the one she got given all the solid information that's here on this forum?  Absolutely.  I don't feel good about somebody coming here, posting about how much she loves her tattoo then people piling on her and shitting all over her.  She still has to live with that tattoo.  People are going to get better tattoos if they come here and are treated with kindness.  And I know that given my posting history I'm full of shit for saying this, but this thread bums me out.  

Maybe if you seen the other threads that she started on the other forum(s), that might change you mind. Not just the one that was linked.

Edited by MoistTowelette

• Steve locked this topic