My phoenix!

Here's my phoenix! I love it! And bear in mind, as you can see from the weeping, this is absolutely 100% freshly done. It's also a weird angle, sorry. I'll post better pics when it heals.

Not gonna deal with hate(rs) so goodbye pic

Edited by lildropofsunshine

@lildropofsunshine well I definetly dont love this tattoo - however - I'm not wearing it - and what's most important is that it met your expectations - so enjoy it - my critique would be in the design elements - but like I said - you dig it so rock on - I hope you continue to get tattooed and continue to use this site as a resource for future tattoos and to identify talented tattooers for future work

I noticed that you removed the picture of the tattoo.  The comments in this thread weren't hateful toward the tattoo, but were making suggestions for different outcomes in the future. 

The purpose of the forum overall is to be educational.  I'm interested in thoughts on this tattoo that can be informative to us.  The design that you posted in another thread looks a bit different from the final result.  I'm curious as to what happened between the original design (which didn't include the coloration at the bottom) and the final tattoo.

I agree with picking a different artist for future tattoos.

@DJDeepFried yeah i know - i debated posting anything actually - though i dont think i was harsh - just sharing an opinion - if she threw up the pic in the lowdown - which is what most people do with their new tattoos - it would have come and gone end of story - but when you start a whole thread to discuss your new tattoo!!! - well - i think you invite discussion - good, bad and ugly

to me - the idea of a phoenix is cool one - but the artist didnt do it justice imo - and that started with a weak design - but like i said in my inital post - its not the end of the world - especially when its on your thigh - which led to my advice of continuing to seek advice and info regarding future tattoos on the forums

then she went in a different direction - refusing to give the artist name for fear we would find her whereabouts - i think that puts a wrap on her participation here cause thats not really very social behavior - but we'll see

but i'll be honest - i would hate to see her continue to be tattooed by that artist - a couple weak tattoos are one thing - but no one needs a whole bunch of them

23 hours ago, lildropofsunshine said:

Not gonna deal with hate(rs) so goodbye pic

I missed the pic, but for real...if you're going to create a whole new thread about your tattoo (when most people just post in the latest tattoo thread), then what did you expect? You're literally asking people for their opinions, and then getting mad when not everyone says something you want to hear.

I assume the tattoo was rough (for the record, I predicted this being a disaster back when you said you wanted it to be like 4 x 4 inches) so I guess we're "haters" for encouraging you to get better tattoos.

Update: I found a picture elsewhere on the internet. I won't post it out of respect for OP, but it's out there if you browse other forums. I am seriously confused how this person frequents (or should I say "frequented," since both forums are full of haters) two tattoo forums with people with hundreds of hours of tattooing, asked so many questions on both forums, and still came out with this. 

Also, bizarrely enough, OP's skin doesn't seem as dark as her other thread indicated it was. I think this picture is through a filter...or OP is completely delusional.

It's not hate, it's love. Love for good tattoos. I didn't know the difference when I first started my tattoo journey either. It pays to stick around here and really see the good stuff and the differences... If the guy has a good personality, that's great--maybe he'd be good in sales. For tattoos, there are people with good personalities who are also really good artists with technical skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, DJDeepFried said:

If we can save even one person from getting a sh*tty tattoo then it's all worth it no matter who gets butthurt along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think too many people here are too invested in the tattoos other people get.  Could the OP have gotten a much better tattoo than the one she got given all the solid information that's here on this forum?  Absolutely.  I don't feel good about somebody coming here, posting about how much she loves her tattoo then people piling on her and shitting all over her.  She still has to live with that tattoo.  People are going to get better tattoos if they come here and are treated with kindness.  And I know that given my posting history I'm full of shit for saying this, but this thread bums me out.