Healing/Peeling

Hi everyone,

Because I don't have a lot of experience with the healing proces, I was wondering if you would like to check these pictures? It's placed almost two weeks ago. I'm mainly looking at the 'A' of 'I AM': the endings of the lines show little greyish circles. Also, some lines have a slighlty larger grey line running next to/ under them. 

Any concerns? Is this normal? Is this something that will go away with the healing? Should I be worried?

Thanks,

Jesse

DSCN4738.JPG

DSCN4756.JPG

@Jussaf 2 weeks is still too early to tell. Tattoos take a 1-2 weeks to fully peel but really a couple months afterwards for the ink to disperse and settle in the skin. Honestly, it looks fine and wouldn't spend energy worrying about it. We can get really nit picky on the microscopic details during healing - the best thing is to remind yourself "it's just a tattoo" and not worry about it. Let your body do its thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi i can't exactly figure out how to make a new post, so I'll just ask here (still related to the thead)

So I got a tattoo(my first) 5 days ago on my hipbone area just a bit bigger than a golf ball, and the tattoo artist to just put vaseline on it for the next three weeks. 

Yea. After it started to smudge and began to become cloudy, I searched up on the internet and the first thing it said was not to put vaseline products on it. And to not touch it. Which I did touch (not often) but still I'm assuming my pants were continuously rubbing on it and probably making the scab fall off unnaturally. F***ing hell.

Anyways, I immediately stopped putting vaseline on it and changed it to an unscented lotion. But what I'm wondering if it's too late to get rid of/stop more from smudging? Is 5 days too late to change anything? I know tattoos take 2 to 4 weeks to heal, and it becoming cloudy is quite a normal thing while healing. It's quite frustrating to get a new tattoo and have it smudge, especially because mine is a line work...

But anyways, I'm a tattoo newbie so any advice/comments/insights would help...

@soosoosoo

good idea to stop using the vaseline, keep putting on light coats of the lotion and since the tattoo is so small,try some large bandaids for your days,take it off at home and wear loose clothing.

go to a store and look on the side of this box and see if it's big enough to cover the tattoo. https://www.band-aid.com/durable-protection/tough-strips/extra-large-10-count

or just wear really loose clothing ?

Edited by Dan

3 hours ago, soosoosoo said:

Hi i can't exactly figure out how to make a new post, so I'll just ask here (still related to the thead)

So I got a tattoo(my first) 5 days ago on my hipbone area just a bit bigger than a golf ball, and the tattoo artist to just put vaseline on it for the next three weeks. 

Yea. After it started to smudge and began to become cloudy, I searched up on the internet and the first thing it said was not to put vaseline products on it. And to not touch it. Which I did touch (not often) but still I'm assuming my pants were continuously rubbing on it and probably making the scab fall off unnaturally. F***ing hell.

Anyways, I immediately stopped putting vaseline on it and changed it to an unscented lotion. But what I'm wondering if it's too late to get rid of/stop more from smudging? Is 5 days too late to change anything? I know tattoos take 2 to 4 weeks to heal, and it becoming cloudy is quite a normal thing while healing. It's quite frustrating to get a new tattoo and have it smudge, especially because mine is a line work...

But anyways, I'm a tattoo newbie so any advice/comments/insights would help...

Do you have a picture? Was this done in a shop? It's hard to imagine a professional tattoo artist telling you to put vaseline on it for three weeks.

@Hogrider

As u can see, it's not the worst it could be, but there are definitely some smudges in certain lines. The pic makes it look worse than it is, but...

And yea it was at a tattoo shop. I texted the guy and he said to wait it out for 2 weeks and he'll give me a retouch if I want, so I'm assuming it's a minor blow out lol.

KakaoTalk_Photo_2017-06-18-02-44-25.jpeg

14 hours ago, soosoosoo said:

@Hogrider

As u can see, it's not the worst it could be, but there are definitely some smudges in certain lines. The pic makes it look worse than it is, but...

And yea it was at a tattoo shop. I texted the guy and he said to wait it out for 2 weeks and he'll give me a retouch if I want, so I'm assuming it's a minor blow out lol.

KakaoTalk_Photo_2017-06-18-02-44-25.jpeg

It looks like you have some blowout going on there. The ink is spreading. No way to fix that. I agree with the other people that said leave it alone and see how it looks in a couple of months. And I wouldn't go back to that person again.

• 1 year later...

Ok! Hi. I can’t seem to post a new topic for some reason. I have had lots of tattoos and I’m crying right now. I had this tattoo made last Sunday so a week ago. And I haven’t had any problems with big ass crisps etc. And no blood fluids or anything. Yesterday it was looking fine healing wise and today the dead skin started flaming off (have not pulled anything) how has this happened??? This looks awful 

386DD7FF-BA1B-4F88-B9A9-EB8D76D085C0.png

21 hours ago, Ballekalle91 said:

Ok! Hi. I can’t seem to post a new topic for some reason. I have had lots of tattoos and I’m crying right now. I had this tattoo made last Sunday so a week ago. And I haven’t had any problems with big ass crisps etc. And no blood fluids or anything. Yesterday it was looking fine healing wise and today the dead skin started flaming off (have not pulled anything) how has this happened??? This looks awful 

386DD7FF-BA1B-4F88-B9A9-EB8D76D085C0.png

You've had lots of tattoos and you don't know about peeling? Tattoos take a month or more to heal. Save the tears until at least then.