I'm Ern.

dsemica

New to this, new to the Seattle/Tacoma, and not big on forums, but..I do want to get myself out there as an experimental learning collector, so here we go.

Posted this to BME, and since this is the only area i can post to as of now, I'm just going to do a simple copypaste. Thanks for looking<3

I've always been involved in the modifications world, but my skin is still pretty much a blank slate. And I'm over a year away from thirty. So, I've decided to offer myself up as a practice piece for apprentices, or people wanting to experiment a technique, style, or angle, and cannot seem to find a willing participant. I would be accompanied by another person, of course, and there would be a discussion/meeting before anything would be agreed upon. This is not about getting free tattoos, this is about helping people progress in their traits. These never have to be finished, can be blotches of color because you are trying out styles or shading, whatever. 

Only serious applicants with drawing [at least] portfolios in or around the Seattle, Washington area need apply.

-Ern, skerinster@gmail.com

**Since people are having a difficult time understanding that this is an art experiment, which is okay, let me once again say, please only serious applicants apply, be prepared for a meeting prior if this is something that you would be interested in, and no, this does not mean that I wouldn't or don't go to "real artist" and "pay for a tattoo." Very big leaps we take, eh? For others, thank you for your concern.

Edited by ErinFist

5 minutes ago, bongsau said:

hi welcome!

seems a bit bizarre. Personally, I'd rather have finished proper tattoos than become like somebody's doodle pad. what is your motivation behind this? 

Hi and thank you (:

I understand that part, it comes from knowing what you want in your head. I'm more interested in seeing what's in another's head. When you give someone a creative liberty, what they develop can be a piece of art in itself. The barrier of completion can pump the brakes more than we realize. I love tattoos and art and more importantly encouragement in pushing our boundaries when it comes to making. It's all a process, and we have to start somewhere.

12 minutes ago, bongsau said:

hi welcome!

seems a bit bizarre. Personally, I'd rather have finished proper tattoos than become like somebody's doodle pad. what is your motivation behind this? 

Not saying, oh, can't be completed. It's just an example. 

I guess there's something noble about volunteering to be a human practice skin for others if you don't care what's on your body like virtually everyone else on this forum (if not the world). My advice: make sure they start somewhere that can be easily covered by a shirt and/or pants e.g. the torso. You can always change your mind and cover what will no doubt be a bunch of horrible albeit free tattoos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, ErinFist said:

I'm more interested in seeing what's in another's head. When you give someone a creative liberty, what they develop can be a piece of art in itself. The barrier of completion can pump the brakes more than we realize. I love tattoos and art and more importantly encouragement in pushing our boundaries when it comes to making. It's all a process, and we have to start somewhere.

You can go to an established artist (or an apprentice who works with an established tattooer) and pay them for this.  Though.

Edited by polliwog

If you want to attract scratchers and weirdos this is the right way to go about it.

We're all trying to seek out quality work from decent artists because there are so many people that suck out there! please don't invite them onto your body.

Seek out a decent open minded artist who'll appreciate your approach. There are so many amazing artists who would love the chance to work on adventurous projects with a near blank canvas. 

5 hours ago, ErinFist said:

Hi and thank you (:

I understand that part, it comes from knowing what you want in your head. I'm more interested in seeing what's in another's head. When you give someone a creative liberty, what they develop can be a piece of art in itself. The barrier of completion can pump the brakes more than we realize. I love tattoos and art and more importantly encouragement in pushing our boundaries when it comes to making. It's all a process, and we have to start somewhere.

I don't get it.  Go into any shop and pretty much any tattooer worth getting tattooed by is going to have a sketchbook or binder full of ideas they'd love to tattoo.  Likewise, pretty much any tattooer worth getting tattooed by is going to continually try to push their boundaries and try to improve and be a better tattooer with each tattoo they do.  I know that there's been plenty of experimentation with techniques and materials on my skin, because that's a normal day-to-day part of tattooing and getting tattooed.

If you want to encourage artists walk into a good shop with money in hand.

This just sounds like a bunch of pretentious horseshit.

Good luck.

Edited by Graeme