Newbeeee

Ross

Hello everyone, my name is Ross, from Edinburgh in Scotland. Looking forward to taking part in discussions and getting ideas. Currently collecting tattoos and working on a mauri sleeve that I might get some advice on but I'll post this in the relevant section. 

Edited by Ross

Thankyou. I've tried putting this into text haha. 

Back in February I started the outlining on my sleeve, initially on the forearm. Everything went well and seemed fine, I was applying bepanthen ointment every 3-4 hours. On the second appointment two weeks later, my artist continues the outlining on the inside of my forearm and the elbow. Since then it has taken an age to heal and still in the healing process. It's still a little swollen and flaky and still itching like mad. I read it could be a histamine over reaction and applied antihistamine cream and taken antihistamine tablets, taken vitamins, cod liver oil etc. There's no sign of infection, just nothing seems to be helping very much. I've had tattoos before in different places on my back and upper arms and they've all healed with no problems and in a matter of days. Thing is...my elbow, that was tattooed at the same time has healed perfectly well in less than a week! What else can I try on my forearm??

Many thanks. 

31 minutes ago, HettyKet said:

31 minutes ago, HettyKet said:

Was part of the design drawn on, or was it all stencil? I've heard it said that sometimes skin reacts like this for some people when they're tattooed over sharpie.

The design was freehand drawn before he started but he didn't use a sharpie, it was a specific pen for outlining I think. I've included a picture what I've had done so far, can't wait to get it done! 

DSC_2072.JPG

1 hour ago, marley mission said:

@Ross how long ago was that pic and how long after the last session was that pic - just trying to understand the timeline - I'm thinking that its healed man - but that you've got some scarring - not the end of the world - some spots have been tough healing spots for me - in particular the forearm areas

@marley mission. Hi, this pic was taken tonight when I posted it and the last tattoo appointment was end of March. The elbow that was done at the same time has completely healed but the rest of the forearm is still raised and pealing, not so much as scabing. 

@Ross well you're 3 months post tattoo so that seems quite a long time for the peeling to be still occuring - as for what i take away from the pic i would say it looks like a bit of scarring in that linework - thats just my opinion from looking at a picture on the internet - and like i said - not the end of the world - i have various areas of scarring in my tattoos as well - some other folks might be able to weigh in with their thoughts as well - you're still looking to get some shading and color in this piece correct?

Edited by marley mission

@Ross Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having in regards to healing your new tattoo. In my experience, I have never taken that long to heal any aspect of a tattoo that I have gotten but that's just me. The best thing you can do and what I recommend is to go back to the artist that did the work and show him to get his professional opinion on it. 

@Hospitelli thankyou. My artist has asked me in several times to check on the healing and he's not overly concerned, he's a brilliant artist and a real good guy and wants to keep an eye on it. He said last time it might be an idea to get mild steroid cream, but I'll wait to see him next week.

@marley mission definitely not the end of the world. Yes there's a fair bit of shading to go and some dot work design aswell. Just getting impatient now haha. 

Edited by Ross

19 hours ago, Ross said:

I was applying bepanthen ointment every 3-4 hours.

Hey Ross,

imo, every 3-4 hours is a bit too much... with bepanthen, you have to apply just enough (really a little) in order that your tattoo is not too dry and let the scabs do their work, and in the meantime not too much and avoid a wet tattoo. You just have to find the right dosage. Like already said by the LST friends, keep it clean is the key: I advice you Dr Bronner Pure-Castile Liquid Soaps, that was advice to me by Valerie Vargas, and I'm always use it for my tattoo and now every day too!

@Manu Manu thanks for the advice. I used bepanthen before on other tattoos without a problem but now lost confidence in it. I'll certainly look up Dr bronner soap.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk