New Here

Rhythm

Hi Everyone,

I just registered here and planning on getting my first tattoo in September once summer ends.  I know what tattoo I want but I was hoping to get some advice on placement because I have two spots in mind and am not sure which to go with.  Hopefully I can get some help on here and then return the favor to other people in the future.

I photoshopped the tattoo on me to get an idea of what it would look like. 

Option 1:
sweflj.jpg

Option 2:
1z64nk.jpg

Thanks for anyone's help.

Edited by Rhythm
Added pictures

Please tell me you aren't getting "1 of 1" tattooed on you? If so:
image.jpg?w=400&c=1

I hope that's just a placeholder. But you never know what the kids are getting nowadays.

If you're actually getting an image, I would suggest either ribs or more of the shoulder/bicep area. The back of the arm can be pretty visible and disrupt the flow of any future arm tattoos you may plan on getting. Ribs are a tough spot to sit through, but it isn't as visible so it makes it a little easier to dip your toes into the world of tattoos. But whatever, get what you want where you want it.

1 hour ago, Rhythm said:

lol you guys really hate that tattoo idea

It seems like something a sorority girl would get. It isn't remotely original or interesting. Just keep thinking and come up with something you really love. Doesn't have to be meaningful, but I promise you it will be better than this.

Sorry, buddy but my thought is that you can do better. You found a forum that has a tag line of "Get Good Tattoos". This is a passionate group of people who have invested 1000's of hours in their art and 10's of 1000's of dollars in tattoos. Plus, most folks have tattoos that they regret. You have a great body - put something badass on it. @Rhythm

50 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Sorry, buddy but my thought is that you can do better. You found a forum that has a tag line of "Get Good Tattoos". This is a passionate group of people who have invested 1000's of hours in their art and 10's of 1000's of dollars in tattoos. Plus, most folks have tattoos that they regret. You have a great body - put something badass on it. @Rhythm

No need to apologize.  There is another tattoo that I'd eventually like to get that you'd all like more but it's more complex and the artist that I'd like to do it has a several year long wait list.  This one is small and simple so I figured I'd get it and see get some experience with tattoos before getting a big one. 

10 hours ago, Rhythm said:

lol you guys really hate that tattoo idea

That's because it's a terrible, useless design. I'm sure it has some deep meaning to you and that's great, but it's a completely boring image with no point to it.

First of all, EVERYONE who sees it will want to know the "story" which will get old quick. They do it even with tattoos that are obviously just awesome flash picked off the wall, they will certainly do it with an esoteric type thing like this. Second of all, what happens if someday you see a big, beautiful tattoo like this:
ca1b100a58bf6e7c6e5325f9266c65d5.jpg
Or this:
22dfda8f406a90a3be19811bbcefa60a.jpg

And think to yourself "That's so cool, I'd like something like that" but you've already got crap cluttering up your arm or rib (whichever you go with). These are huge projects and you're just throwing something in the middle of the space they need to work. If you're already planning multiple tattoos, you need to think about the usage of space and maximize what you have. 

I really suggest just going for the better artist and getting the better piece you're imagining. It can be a shock to the system to suddenly see yourself with a huge tattoo, especially if this is your first, but in the long run, you'll be so much happier.

3 hours ago, Rhythm said:

No need to apologize.  There is another tattoo that I'd eventually like to get that you'd all like more but it's more complex and the artist that I'd like to do it has a several year long wait list.  This one is small and simple so I figured I'd get it and see get some experience with tattoos before getting a big one. 

The experience of getting a small script tattoo is worlds apart from the experience of getting a tattoo with a large design, filling and shading.  The mindset going into the two would have to be different, as well. 

I have one small tattoo that was my third one that I got.  I saw why some people said that getting tattoos didn't hurt that much (something like a bee sting); they must all have small tattoos!  Even going from one artist to another can throw me off as far as my ability to sit and pain tolerance because of the different ways that artists execute their appointments.

15 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Oooo...what's the bigger tattoo and are you on his/her list yet? I'd invite you to consider getting something bigger if you are serious about dipping your toe in the water. There is so much good info on this forum and check out the photos in the gallery, too!

a photo realism lion on my left shoulder/arm similar to this:

59wxuo.jpg

14 minutes ago, oboogie said:

This is a tattoo you'll regret, but it will be so small that you can cover it up when you learn about real tattoos. Do whatever you want. You asked for advice, and you got it. :-)

Actually I asked where would be a better place to get the tattoo. Not if I should get it or not.

55 minutes ago, oboogie said:

Nowhere. There's your answer.

I saw some of your tattoos in your gallery and after I saw the shitty eyeball and with the blue and red lightning bolt your opinion became meaningless to me.