Help me w/ my tattoo

danielpolska

Looking to get a tattoo once I'm going to Spain, I want it to have some kind of meaning for me, not just some random art that looks nice. I'd like the tattoo to have something to do with my dad, he suffered a blood clot by his brain, so he now has LIS "locked in syndrome" and can basically not move, nor talk although he is completely aware of the situation. We are approaching 1 year since the accident, and I want to get a tattoo, but no idea what. Any ideas? Rather not something huge.

Thanks for your help and advices. Currently have no tattoos

Edited by danielpolska

I can't offer suggestions of where to go since I know nothing about Spain, but I would suggest as far as subject matter, don't get anything related to your dad's health problems. No one (including him) wants to be reminded of that all the time. There's more to him than his condition. Find a positive way to spin it: maybe you want to say that he's brave or strong, in which case a ferocious animal might be the way to go. Maybe you have some fond memories of your dad that could be showcased by something beautiful and delicate like a flower. Maybe you could get an image of something that reminds you of your dad: did he carry a pocket knife, have a favorite hobby, go on family vacations, etc? Think of the good times and stuff that reminds you of him and something will come to you.