Getting logged out after each visit

1 hour ago, mtlsam said:

Hi, has anybody else had the issue of having to login each time they return to the site? This only started for me in the past few days. I view the site through an Ipad using an old os and safari.

Cheers,

Sam

try clearing the cookies

Hey, 

my Ipad does the same, only thing is that it actually HASN'T logged off like it would seem on the main page; as soon as I click on anything (typically "forum", any thread or "unread content") it shows me as logged in. No idea what's going on, but it's probably just another one of the joys of Apple ownership.

The weirdest thing that has happened a couple of times is that instead of showing me as logged out initially, it appears as if I'm actually logged in as another user (different user names both times). Again it gets resolved by moving to another section of the page.

Edited by Kurgana

9 hours ago, Kurgana said:

Hey, 

my Ipad does the same, only thing is that it actually HASN'T logged off like it would seem on the main page; as soon as I click on anything (typically "forum", any thread or "unread content") it shows me as logged in. No idea what's going on, but it's probably just another one of the joys of Apple ownership.

The weirdest thing that has happened a couple of times is that instead of showing me as logged out initially, it appears as if I'm actually logged in as another user (different user names both times). Again it gets resolved by moving to another section of the page.

I think this may be the case for me as well! Some weirdness happening here for real haha. Now back to the regularly scheduled tattoo content.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that I appear to be logged out when visiting the home page. But as soon as I continue to any sub page, I'm signed in as myself again (without actively signing in!). Odd, but means that I don't actually have to sign in, just click anywhere. Does this work for anyone else with the sign out problem, too?

On a sidenote, it just so happens that right now, instead of being signed out, I appear to be Graeme on the homepage. Back to omeletta on any other page. I can even go back and forth. Funny that.

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2016 at 1:53 AM, suburbanxcore said:

Same as a few other people mention, I'm showing as username "Kill Uncle" on the front page, but myself everywhere else. This is with Chrome on a Mac. Didn't notice any issues on my iPad.

I have the same, but for me it shows im logged in as @Graeme whenever I open LST in Chrome. As soon as I click on any thread, it fixes itself and logs me in. Pretty weird haha

1 hour ago, steve said:

Hi Guys, sorry for not responding to this thread sooner. 

This issue was caused by a server caching setting I had enabled to speed up the site. I turned it off as soon as I noticed what you describe above.

Let me know if you still see it happening?

No worries! Thanks for keeping things running here. I'll post here if I notice it again.

Cheers