Hello again! Would appreciate some input on second tattoo placement

bloodsport

I recently got my first tattoo which is a black & grey rooster head, about palm size, in my right upper outer arm.

Now I am already thinking about getting two more tattoos. One of a monkey and another of a dragon.

I need some suggestions as to where to place the second & third tattoos.

Would it be better to put them on the same arm (right) as my first tattoo (ie inner biceps, shoulder, chest) or would it be better to put them on my upper left arm?

I'm not planning on being heavily tattooed and would like to keep them in areas that are easily covered (ie upper arm, chest, etc).

Thanks, your suggestions are appreciated.

@bloodsport well I really wanna see that first tattoo :)

but upper arms are great spots for beginning tattoos

easy spot to get tattooed imo

chest and inner bicep are also great tattoo spots though both of those spots are a little more painful to get tattooed - not that this should deter you from hitting those spots

myself - i have bounced all over the place with my placements - i kind of like trying to balance out my placements

anyway - rooster, monkey dragon! sounds like some cool tattoo imagery to me - throw up some pics partner - let us know if you have questions about artists etc

2 hours ago, bloodsport said:

So my first tattoo is on my right upper arm. 

Would it be better to add my second and third tattoos on the same arm, or would it be better to do them on my other (left) upper arm?

Thanks

Nice tattoo!

I don't think there's a "better" here, only what you prefer more.  

If your next two planned tattoos are going to be in a similar style, I personally would go same arm, but again it's totally up to you. 

hey @bloodsport cool first one. 

I know some people that prefer to concentrate on one limb or area but I like to go all over the place- wherever feels good and kind of balances my body- usually the opposite of my last tattoo. when I have too much on one side I fee lopsided : / so I'd say go opposite side somewhere. have you considered legs? they're pretty easy to hide too for work purposes etc. 

it can also work going to an appointment with a few placement possibilities in mind, or a totally open mind. sometimes I go to get a piece and end up with a tattoo somewhere totally different to what I intended just cause it didn't feel right there. Don't be afraid to try putting the stencil in a few spots til you're feeling it, although often first spot is always bang on : ) 

I usually let the size and shape of the tattoo dictate the placement, with the help of the tattooer.  The more I've asked for input from the person making the tattoo, generally the better things have turned out for me, placement-wise.  There is one tattoo I would move but whatever, getting more tattoos will bring symmetry and visual harmony. :)

I like that rooster head a lot!

Edited by polliwog