It's a really well put together project, just watched the second episode and donated some money to the paypal.... I hope to see more stuff like this, that hopefully one day will hit mainstream. . . Gary Martin is even in it for a bit, he's the reason Austin is beautiful...

Gary's got a way of giving his signs and especially his lettering a persona of their own that lends to the over all feel of a place... We are massive Martin Sign Fans.

We just got done doing a little guest spot at Rock of Ages with Tony and Steve, even with cancellations, and almost losing our dog to an adverse vaccine reaction, we still had smiles on our faces and were bummed to leave... Those are good guys, and glad to see 'em...

That was very cool. Great music too. I have to say I laughed my ass off at the end where Tony makes reference to a conversation with a client:

Client, "I want a tiger! But I don't want it to look mean."

Tony,"...Then don't get a tiger!"

Ha ha!

Also,"Well if you really look, it's not a mean tiger.". I'm really loving these episodes.

The reworked to the 2nd episode made it better. Hope there are more projects to come.

Early next month Marcus will begin filming in San Francisco with George Campise and Jason Kundell... should be a doozy :D

He's hoping to begin putting out new episodes every few months, he's got great ideas for future episodes.

These 2 episodes should be the beginning of a great tattoo series!

That was very cool. Great music too. I have to say I laughed my ass off at the end where Tony makes reference to a conversation with a client:

Client, "I want a tiger! But I don't want it to look mean."

Tony,"...Then don't get a tiger!"

Ha ha!

Also,"Well if you really look, it's not a mean tiger.". I'm really loving these episodes.

Yeah :D And also the quote about style being different than a subject matter. Which can get mixed these days, I recon. You can do a ship in traditonal americana style, or a B&G realistic ship. Ships themself arent "Old-School". For example (Yeah, no shit! ;) ). Great stuff!

• 3 months later...
I don't know anything about this project other than that Thomas Hooper is in it, which automatically makes it exceptionally cool. Here's a link to an article about Marcus Kuhn:

MARCUS KUHN - From the bottom to the top

Not to get too much of subject, but cheese makers actually do have conventions where they sit around and admire other cheese makers. I was recently in Milwaukee for the international cheese expo. Some of the cheese sold there for over $300 per pound. In reference to what they were talking about true humility is hard to find. As a society humility is not valued. That is why most of us our obsessed with ourselves. It is great to be around those that aren't.

By the way, I could sit here all day and watch this stuff! Each one has been better than the last.

I agree! I've enjoyed each episode more and more. The Tiajuana one should be really interesting. I can't wait. I live within walking distance from George Campise's shop. I should go check it out sometime soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've watched all the episodes so far, I can't wait for the next one. I'm going to have a Gypsy Gentleman shaped hole in my life when they finish the series lol!

According to Marcus' plans, it shouldn't end any time soon though they won't come out as often as Tattoo Age did...