First tattoo advice

ligatortat

It's an atom, right? I would find a shop / artist you like and show them the basic accepted atom drawing and ask them to draw up a version of it that they like. That's what I would do anyway. If you just want votes on A or B, I say B as it has more depth and artistic movement- whatever the hell that means. 

I don't care for either of them.  I think it's a pretty half-assed way to express that you're a "science nerd" by going with a small tattoo of an outdated model of the atom.  It's generic and pretty blah, like people who get a tattoo of a couple of musical notes to represent a supposed huge and overwhelming passion for music.  If you're super passionate about science, take the above, very solid advice @Dan gave above about going big and get something big and bold that relates to something more specific that you're interested in.  I've seen some great tattoos of Darwin's finches, for example.  If you're interested in atomic physics, figure out a way to represent some wild quantum shit in a visually interesting way.  Take your time, look around, and above all else, do your research on artists so you can get something that shouts loud and proud that you're a science nerd.

It's totally addicting! My wrist tattoo didn't hurt at all yet I've talked to more than one person (as recently as last night) that said it was their most painful spot. Welcome to the wonderful world of tattooing! Next, we'll be talking about your healing experience which is massively variable, too. :) Get what you want. You'll figure it out.

(PS - I'm lasering my wrist tattoo, which was my first, so I can get it covered up with something awesome.)