Sign in to follow this  
ligatortat

Pain level on wrist

3 hours ago, ligatortat said:

Considering an inner wrist tattoo - heard it might be a painful area since the skin is thin there - any experiences?

my wrists were not necessarily worse than any other parts for me,IMO all tattoos hurt.

don't let the pain level of a certain body part steer your desire to have a tattoo.

Edited by Dan

I don't have near the coverage of a lot of people here (full left sleeve, and lower right arm), but the little swallow I just had done on my right inner wrist topped them all pain wise.

It will take about three minutes to do that tiny atom doodle you want. The pain will be very quick. I have tattoos on both my wrists, and I think they hurt less than most other places, but you have nothing to compare it to.

56 minutes ago, ligatortat said:

wow oboogie you are just full of sarcastic obnoxious comments - just what people new to tattooing are looking for 

You are welcome! Hahaha.

Also, I'm not being sarcastic in this instance. My second tattoo was a tiny wrist doodle. It took less than five minutes. Pain was over before it fully registered.

Edited by oboogie

Personally, for me, outer forearm was a breeze. Inner was a bit dicey. I have one so low on my left wrist it basically touches my palm. It wasn't pleasant. Weird electrifying  volts shooting into my hand. Just weird feeling.  The one that touches my wrist on my other arm doesn't go so low, but still wasn't super fun. All manageable, but I felt it for sure. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Posts

• So the tattoo I have is a fairly small-med size on my sternum and currently I have a saniderm on and taking a week's rest and my artist said I could take it off after 4 days.  I was thinking when I go back  because I wear a sports bra. Do I put tegaderm back on just in case? Or by a week it's okay to leave it. Same question for my rib tattoo which got a touch up before I got my sternum. Do I put tegaderm on for the week that I start the gym or its fine for a sports bra and sweating now. A little more context I do mostly weights and functional workouts.
    • After taking the wrapping and bandages off. It’s complete, however you can tell the areas that have healed versus fresh ink. Looking forward to it completely healing and settling in.   Hard to get the whole thing in one picture. I’ll get better ones once healed.     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk  
    • I could see this working with the right artist. Right white blue, and then for the ducks green brown blue (depending on the type). I'd be less worried about the colors than the amount of imagery/number of images. Generally less is more. But I could totally see a flag rip on the upper arm, and a duck/water OR baseball scene on the lower. All three on one arm (if I've read you correctly) seems really difficult. Everything's down to finding the right artist though.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics