Scarring from Saniderm?

Anyone else get scarring from Saniderm, especially on the "edges" or "border" of the Saniderm? I get it at a pretty frequent rate and I am getting tired of it. The problem is I love the convenience of the Saniderm so much that I am almost willing to live with the scars... this really bums me out. The picture is 3 weeks after my session and I have been putting bio oil and other stuff on it. Anyone else have this issue and a possible remedy?

20160821_204615_zpshsfyj7ia.jpg

12 minutes ago, MoistTowelette said:

Anyone else get scarring from Saniderm, especially on the "edges" or "border" of the Saniderm? I get it at a pretty frequent rate and I am getting tired of it. The problem is I love the convenience of the Saniderm so much that I am almost willing to live with the scars... this really bums me out. The picture is 3 weeks after my session and I have been putting bio oil and other stuff on it. Anyone else have this issue and a possible remedy?

ya,I get that too,I don't have a remedy ,but it goes away ,

Edited by Dan

No remedy but the same thing is happening to me.

I was tattooed 2-3 weeks ago. It was a rough session so the artist used tegaderm I think. I usually dry heal so I'm not familiar with tegaderm or sanaderm and the differences between them but the same thing has happened. It peeled back a bit after a day and the adhesive seemed to leave a red line on my chest. Didn't think much of it till the line blistered and I had a thin puss filled streak on my chest. Puss popped and tattoo appears 90% healed but I still have  the red line on my chest. Not sure if it will fade.

edit: just read @Dan's post so that's good to hear it goes away.

Edited by Lance

Sounds like it's a fairly common problem and it has been happening to me for a while (first time was 2 and a half years ago) and it seems to happen on more sensitive areas (inner thigh, inner chest near put, etc).

The previous areas were all on clean skin so they have since been tattooed over but I am worried that it might scar if it happens over a tattooed part of my body and I would be pretty upset...

Same thing happened to me a week ago where I had tegaderm on a very mobile part of my upper thigh. The blisters havent gone away yet. Unsure if they will scar.

In the past Ive experienced irritation and cuts from normal tape when my artist bandaged my chest. Its just sonething that happens when adhesive is put over mobile parts of your skin. The cuts lasted a while but didnt scar.

20160817_170624.jpg

Edited by a_beukeveld

1 hour ago, a_beukeveld said:

Same thing happened to me a week ago where I had tegaderm on a very mobile part of my upper thigh. The blisters havent gone away yet. Unsure if they will scar.

In the past Ive experienced irritation and cuts from normal tape when my artist bandaged my chest. Its just sonething that happens when adhesive is put over mobile parts of your skin. The cuts lasted a while but didnt scar.

I have used Saniderm for a long time now,and I do get the red marks from the edges too,fortunately they always go away eventually,but I have never gotten blisters, ! ouch !

Edited by Dan

4 hours ago, sa100 said:

just a thought, could this be bacteria / germs getting in? as it only happens around the edge and not all over could be some evil things getting under the sandierm?

I doubt it. From what understand, it only appears on the edge because thats where its pulling on the skin the most, and the friction caused by the constand pulling is what causes blisters.

Bacteria doesnt cause blisters from what I understand, but a broken blister is a good opportunity for bacteria to get in.

It's an allergic reaction to the adhesive, I've had many problems with saniderm and tattooderm. So I switched to this stuff, zero problems or complaints and I have used it on every size tattoo for nearly a year now. Here''s the link to the amazon store I buy it from. I also find it MUCH easier to handle. Smith & Nephew 5466000041 Opsite Flexifix 4 Inch x 11 Yards Transparent Film Dressing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001SIQCRI/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_gskVxbFX7NEA6

I've had it before and it goes away in time. Looks gnarly for a bit, but it'll disappear.

I don't think it an allergic reaction to the adhesive: if that were the case I think it would be a much bigger area that is affected. I think it has to do with the edge moving many times very slightly during normal wear which eventually creates a blister.