Getting a foreign Letter tattoo

Nathan B

So I still have not gotten my first tattoo yet, and I am planning on getting it in about a week, my first two are going to be a lion on my forearm and my grandmothers name. However, her name is not in English it is in Amharic (Ethiopian), I have the letter that I want tattooed but I was wondering if there is anything that I need to know about getting a foreign tattoo, Do artists charge more? is it more difficult for them to do? etc.

the picture below is what the letters look like.

P.S sorry for the dumb questions I'm new to this scene.

Screenshot (1).png

7 hours ago, Nathan B said:

So I still have not gotten my first tattoo yet, and I am planning on getting it in about a week, my first two are going to be a lion on my forearm and my grandmothers name. However, her name is not in English it is in Amharic (Ethiopian), I have the letter that I want tattooed but I was wondering if there is anything that I need to know about getting a foreign tattoo, Do artists charge more? is it more difficult for them to do? etc.

the picture below is what the letters look like.

P.S sorry for the dumb questions I'm new to this scene.

Screenshot (1).png

The artist will likely stencil it on as mentioned. Tip for you though, check to make sure it's reading properly before they start. They likely won't know Amharic so they won't recognize something missing or backwards or any number of things. They're not translators so don't expect them to catch inconsistencies. That will be your job before they start. Enjoy getting your first tattoo!

Edited by Lance