font size

ligatortat

I did get the atom symbol and now im already looking to add to it by getting some text under it (wife has confirmed that tattooing is addicting)- just looked at the link and im not looking to go that small - probably between a 20-24 computer font with a 5pt letter spacing 

@ligatortat post up that new tattoo

as for the text - man i just hate the idea of small text

just remember those lines thicken and you amy end up super bummed

especially since you are new to tattoos and this is on your wrist

anyway - do what you gotta do - but bigger is better

and to me - image beats words anyday when it comes to tattoos

i have some words on me but i'm just saying

I can see what you are saying - The "star stuff" phrase was used by Carl Sagan and I think its the best representation of who we are and how we connect to each other - What kind of image are you implying? I am an elementary school science teacher and I think the phrase in that kid looking font denotes that part of my life as well

@ligatortat i like the tattoo - i'd say no on the text

for many reasons but primarily because to go to a size that would be sufficient to add to this piece would leave the text overshadowing the image - a big no-no imo

and for gods sake - if you forgo this advice and do get text - please not upside down (so its for you) 

i think if you have the itch for more ink - get another tattoo

23 hours ago, ligatortat said:

What do you do, oboogie, sit in front of your computer all day and bitch about other peoples posts - go read a book or play on the swings

Bless your heart.  Just noticed that you started four threads here and four threads on another tattoo board. I have a job where I'm in front of computer all day. You see, we all have different kinds of jobs. NEAT!

23 hours ago, ligatortat said:

I decided to go basic at the top of the wrist (im a public school teacher) - under it i superimposed the text i want - just deciding on the font and size at this point

tat4.jpg

text of this size and thin lines will surely fade and fallout,I agree on the no text thing,but if you are determined to get text,then get it big and bold .

Just now, Dan said:

text of this size and thin lines will surely fade and fallout,I agree on the no text thing,but if you are determined to get text,then get it big and bold .

Also, it shouldn't be where you can read it—that's upside down (as someone else said).

You'll cover this up eventually if you decide to do it. It really doesn't look right next to your atom.

On 29/08/2016 at 9:01 PM, ligatortat said:

What do you do, oboogie, sit in front of your computer all day and bitch about other peoples posts - go read a book or play on the swings

Not making a very strong case for yourself on here, friendo.

As for the tattoo, personally, I think words are lame. Pictures are symbols and they speak to people. Adding a "meaningful" quote to it just sucks all the mystery and flavour out from it. Its like getting a tattoo of a sick dragon and stamping a big "LUCKY" ontop of it. Also, every person I know who has gotten "kid font" tattoos or "my child's hand writting" tattoos have regretted it, and it just looks awful. The tattoo design itself should never take back seat to the "meaning". Keep that in mind. 

And dont get it upside down. 

On 8/29/2016 at 5:01 PM, ligatortat said:

IMO this is not a friendly reply,she is a friend of mine and I would appreciate you not talking to her in this disrespectful manner.