font size

ligatortat

im here - im just looking for something simple to accentuate the small one that i got - im not a big tattoo person but im definitely a science geek and have been inspired by the idea of Carl Sagan that we are all made from exploding stars - i was considering just getting the words "star stuff" written on opposite sides of the atom - at least if ends up fading in the future it will be easy to go over and get something else - i am new to tattooing and just wanted some advice - the multiple posts were an accident - there are people on here that are incredibly nasty if you are not someone that wants a full on art deco masterpiece on your body - there are people that want simplicity but look to others for advice on small details

Your own statement identifies the source of the conflict. You state "I'm not a big tattoo person." This is a tattoo forum - would you not expect to find people with passion and strong opinions? 

I only have one tattoo yet I have found this group to be nothing but helpful and informative. It's not about what you have or want, it's about how you interact with the group. 

In the end, your decision about your tattoo is just that...yours. Get what you want/like, not what someone else does. People here have given you their advice and suggestions. Go with what makes you happy. 

there are people on here that are incredibly nasty if you are not someone that wants a full on art deco masterpiece on your body - there are people that want simplicity but look to others for advice on small details

I wouldn't say anyone has been nasty -- at least not without provocation. What I will say is that people are very opinionated about what makes a good tattoo and have limited patience for those who refuse to take good advice. Sometimes the best kind of tough love comes from strangers. Because we kind of but don't really give a shit what you do. Make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ligatortat trying to accentuate a small sized tattoo with an afterthought never ends up with a great result. it will overshadow and take the eye away from your new atom tattoo.

For your consideration...what about your opposite wrist? Something simple and classy like a small illustration of a ringed planet and a couple of stars/dots. A picture is worth a thousand words! You know all about "star stuff" when you look at the tattoo, sometimes less is more. Good luck and en joy your new tattoo.