Maybe the Brits can help? E45 cream for maintenance?

Kate1939

Hi.  

I'm American but used to live in the UK (Buxton, Derbyshire).  Fell in love with E45 when I lived there and it's been my go-to moisturizer ever since.  I was wondering if it would be a good maintenance moisturizer over the long term for my tattoos.  I ask because it has lanolin in it, and I've read in a few places online that lanolin fades tattoos.  

Any thoughts or opinions on E45?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2016 at 10:27 AM, Kate1939 said:

Hi.  

I'm American but used to live in the UK (Buxton, Derbyshire).  Fell in love with E45 when I lived there and it's been my go-to moisturizer ever since.  I was wondering if it would be a good maintenance moisturizer over the long term for my tattoos.  I ask because it has lanolin in it, and I've read in a few places online that lanolin fades tattoos.  

Any thoughts or opinions on E45?

I have been told not to use E45 for tattoo healing, can't recall what the reason was.

I used El Gato Negro for the last few pieces, much easier healing process. I sometimes struggle with ingrowing hairs in and around new tattoos, this seems to help out quite a lot.

16 hours ago, Rob I said:

If lanolin fades tattoos then why aren't folks using that stuff to remove tattoos or at least lighten them. I'd love to see the info on that. 

I did some, admittedly only quick, research on the web about this. All I came up with was one website that mentioned it. And they were selling a tattoo after care product. Not sure how objective they are and where they have this info from. If anyone here knows more about this, I'm more than happy to hear about it. So far it seems to me like someone has come up with something obscure to make their product look better.

Apart from that, personally, I'd rather stick to what I know my skin is ok with. I have extremely sensitive skin and prefer not to experiment. But if I did decide to try something else, I'd start using it a while before getting tattooed, to make sure it doesn't cause any problems.