Veteran LST users unite!

mtlsam

1 hour ago, Devious6 said:

I am a newbie from both the perspective of joining the forum as well as to the world of tattoos. I do want to thank many of you who have welcomed and supported me. Although I do try to defer to experience, I also recognize that my enthusiasm sometimes gets the best of me and I'll jump in where, perhaps, I should remain silent. Again, thanks for the tolerance. It is frustrating to see people who come here who clearly have no desire to gain any wisdom or listen to counter-points; they are here only to validate pre-existing thoughts. Feel free to smack me, when appropriate.

You cool. *thumbs up*

1 hour ago, Devious6 said:

Well, I was thinking of getting this next - not sure if it would look best across my chest or my back. Thoughts? It is a panther that everyone talks about.

Pink panther.png

This may not be the panther everyone is talking about, but it does actually make a great tattoo! Check out Bert Krak's instagram, he has done two quite recently :)

3 hours ago, oboogie said:

@Devious6 Mark, you always have something valuable to add. You are the best!

I've engaged with a few of these people who really hate that we don't love their tattoo ideas, and I am always called all sorts of names. They also insult my tattoos, which makes me giggle since these tools either 1) have no tattoos and/or 2) are seeking our opinions on a particularly shitty tattoo idea. The multiple-thread-starters especially drive me crazy. DUDES. ONE THREAD IS ENOUGH. I've seen them do that here, then go to another place (like Big Planet) and do the exact same thing and get the exact same response. It is funny to watch.

Why not ask to be a moderator?

@polliwog i hate healing tattoos - love the lived in look - looking forward to a little hiatus from getting tattooed mainly because I hate always healing something - anyway prob wont be that long of a hiatus - I'm thinking nothing else till at least the new year though

edit: ah who am I kidding I'm just broke

Edited by marley mission

11 minutes ago, polliwog said:

Hope my jokes didn't come across as mean spirited, by the way--they were certainly meant in a spirit of silliness.  I'm in the middle of a difficult heal myself.

Never!  Your posts are always awesome. 

I hate healing tattoos. Tegaderm makes it a little better cause you don't really have to do anything. But the day you have to take the tegaderm off is stressful as can be. It hurts, ya gotta go really slow, and honestly you just have no idea what the heck it's gonna look like under there. You just cross your fingers and hope that the 3M company comes through and doesn't let you down. 

On 9/14/2016 at 6:37 PM, polliwog said:

As satisfying as snark can be, I wonder if these threads might not be discouraged if they were just ignored.  Otherwise you're kind of granting their wish for attention. Let them die and sink down the page.

I agree with you that it's a frustrating situation.

This - all this...

Honestly watching the number of long-time valuable posters (many of whom were artists) disappear I'm guessing is for the same reason I rarely post - I'm tired of the snark. if it's lame ignore it and let the post sink.  I'm here to talk good tattoos - not torture those with bad ones. 

On 9/14/2016 at 2:24 PM, mtlsam said:

Greetings fellow longtime site users.

I have been noticing an unfortunate trend in topics posted to the site of late. Everyone and their brother and sister too, want to know; Is this is a good design that I found on google image search? Is my brand new tattoo as messed up as I fear it is after staring at it all day? Can you help me decide what goes with this, but I don't plan to like any of your suggestions? I got a bad tattoo and then a worse coverup and now I want it gone, but can't afford laser, and I have no intention of talking to an actual tattooer about a better coverup, what should I do? 

In light of this influx of close minded advice seekers, I have decided to begin responding more often, but with an increased snark factor. I will encourage posters to persue their pre-determined courses of action with great vigour! Most make it easy by stating their decision in their opening paragraph.

I have noticed that some of you seasoned veterans of internet tattoo discussion, appear to be behaving likewise. For this I salute you. Let us make LST great again! A place where new users are cautious about telling us how it is, but where those who show a true interest can find a wealth of information.

To the surly few, carry on fine friends. You know who you are, and may you respond well knowing that your wit and sarcasm are appreciated!

P.s. 

Here is a picture of a tattoo I got, from Greg Christian, at the Art Tattoo show in Montreal this past weekend. I learned about him and many other greats through this site :)

image.jpeg

so maybe that's why it's deserted here lately ,why shouldn't we welcome all these newbies ? won't they eventually hopefully turn into regular smarter about tattooing members ? as they learn when we tactfully and in a friendly manner try and answer their questions instead of being snarky,rude,or ignoring them ? so we can pass on our vast veteran knowledge to these people that will like I said,come here and learn,we have all asked stupid questions at one time or another and I'll guess you did too when you first started getting tattooed.

anyway,for me,I don't believe there are stupid questions,there are just questions.

so that's my .02

It might discourage the trend of users signing up to ask one question and then disappearing. True, this is activity, but does it create a sense of community here?  Maybe a small fee might encourage people to browse a bit before signing up? (Plus, hosting this site isn't free.) My first post was a stupid question about tattoo healing, for the record. I stayed because of the community (uh, sorry guys). 

Edited by polliwog