Need Advice on style

samuelxli

Hi , I'm new to the site and I am hoping to gain more knowledge so I can enhance my tattoo getting experience. I have two tattoos as of right now. a chest piece and a banner around my arm. I was hoping to get some criticism for them and some advice on how to move forward. For my chest piece i went in asking for "Samuel the Thirteenth, but the artist said that due to my size, he wouldn't be able to fit the whole thing on my chest without changing the font to a size where it will look like a string around my chest. so i took his suggestion adjusting the placement of the "the" instead. but the more i look at it now, the more it seems like it reads " The Samuel Thirteenth" which really wasn't what i asked for and  doesn't seem right in terms of grammer. In the near future, i am hoping to add some roses to the background of the banner on my arm and a "X" on the top. since my tattoo's style would be consider more traditional, would it be weird or mismatching if i were to get roses that were in the new traditional style? i have attached images of the style of roses i am hoping to get and the font of the X. please provide me with some feedback. thanks in advance.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0117.JPG

cd12bfd9f30be2864568e4b438466581.jpg

Font_X.svg.png