What do you think of this design?

Just saw this on Gary Gerhardt's instagram. I think it's pretty cool/cute. I've always been drawn to the South West and cacti, as dangerous as they are. 

Where would you recommend having it tattooed? I was thinking it might look good on the inside of my heel/ankle area. This is hypothetical of course.

it's a cool design for sure,you don't want that exact tattoo unless he hasn't done that as a tattoo yet,but it's a good base to show what you want.

a good rule is "go big or go home",anyway,go bigger than you think you want,you will appreciate it later.

on "  inside of my heel/ankle area " IMO it would be too small.

Edited by Dan

Get it if you like tattoos in this style. It's sweet and funny, I like the colors. But, for me, it's a little childly. And it's hard to choose placement for this tattoo, cause it doesn't need to be big. IIMHO ankle is the best option.

Yeah, i'm not sure about my ankle/heel area. when i said that, i didn't realize how small that space was.  i'm a pretty small person. i don't want it too be too big and overpowering, but also not too small that it doesn't look good so yeah...placement is a hard one. i'm saving my back, arms, shoulders, and thighs for future tattoos...which basically leaves below the knee. 

Edited by sister123

11 minutes ago, sister123 said:

Yeah, i'm not sure about my ankle/heel area. wheni said that, i didn't realize how small that space was.  i'm a pretty small person. i don't want it too be too big and overpowering, but also not too small that it doesn't look good so yeah...placement is a hard one. i'm saving my back, arms, shoulders, and thighs for future tattoos...which basically leaves below the knee. 

And there are only ankles and heels left) and calfs

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. I think the design is cool and it has the meaning that this plant is rough outside and soft and juicy inside. But it's just my opinion, don't take personally))

Btw, i didn't think of tattooing a cactus. I see it's a good idea, but I would do it like in 3D you know? I love 3D tats...

About the place on the body, I'd recommend chest. Don't know, I think it'll look awesome there....

cactus.jpg