Hello

Charles.M

Hello my name is Charles Murray, been Tattoo Artist since 1997, started at a biker shop in an apprentice situation, where I was the human photocopier, run errands boy, cleaner, phone answer and drawer. I would call this and Oldschool American Apprenticeship. The owner did not know much but I got my foot in the door and have been committed ever since. I work hard, study hard and try to get better every day. Looking to connect with others in the tattoo Scene.

On 10/6/2016 at 7:11 PM, Charles.M said:

Hello my name is Charles Murray, been Tattoo Artist since 1997, started at a biker shop in an apprentice situation, where I was the human photocopier, run errands boy, cleaner, phone answer and drawer. I would call this and Oldschool American Apprenticeship. The owner did not know much but I got my foot in the door and have been committed ever since. I work hard, study hard and try to get better every day. Looking to connect with others in the tattoo Scene.

Hi! I'm currently an apprentice but let me check out your site!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/6/2016 at 7:11 PM, Charles.M said:

Hi Charles, welcome to LST.

Could you point us to a website or any online reference that shows your tattoo work other than what you have posted in our gallery? Tattooing for 20 years you should have a lot of work to show us, and we'd love to see it.

Thank you for the question.

The quick answer is no, I no longer have an online portfolio anymore.

The reason for that is complex, but one of the reasons is simple. When a Tattooer puts up a collection of tattoos they have done, say red balloons as an example, If one put up 10 red balloon Tattoo pics, people want to see more, so you put 20, people want to see more, more and more, it is like feeding a hungry ghost, no matter how much you put up, it is never enough.

Also, secondly, there is the self repeating cycle, using the balloons analogy, if one puts up 20 pictures of red balloon tattoos, that attracts people on the internet that are into that type of thing and soon the Tattooer is only booked up to do red balloons, the work becomes derivative and one becomes the red balloon guy.

Thirdly, feeling the obligation to feed the internet with the latest and greatest becomes a bit of an obsession for a Professional Tattooer and people think something is wrong with you if your not constantly uploading content.

A decade of Tattoo work is available on site, where I am working if someone wants to see my work in person, before actually getting a Tattooed.

I will upload new stuff on the forum as it comes in, I would like to showcase my current work, rather than revisit my back catalog.

Edited by Charles.M

I am looking forward to sharing some firsthand accounts of goings-ons in the tattoo shop life from back in the day, with names dates and all the rest of it, but I need to make sure some other things are sorted here first, so that I am not wasting my time. I have nothing prestigious in the cue let me tell you, but remembering the changes with hindsight is interesting. I really want to be current and not rest on laurels, my art progresses in leaps and bounds because of study and I really want to show that.

1 hour ago, Charles.M said:

I am looking forward to sharing some firsthand accounts of goings-ons in the tattoo shop life from back in the day, with names dates and all the rest of it, but I need to make sure some other things are sorted here first, so that I am not wasting my time. I have nothing prestigious in the cue let me tell you, but remembering the changes with hindsight is interesting. I really want to be current and not rest on laurels, my art progresses in leaps and bounds because of study and I really want to show that.

LOL  sorry but that sounded just like a politician answering a direct question without answering the question !   just a funny observation,no personal attack intended.

@Charles.M Charles my man I think you're just not getting what the spirit of the site is about 

the site is about tattoos man

and thats where you are coming up short

so show some tattoos (your own or your work)

or settle down and do some reading and listening on here

less short novel posts more quality

and please keep the world is against me stuff to yourself

nobody knows if you were or werent a victim but more importantly nobody cares

stick to tattoo topics and you'll be golden

• Steve locked this topic